ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Those that hated the driving position what did you do next?

Its really effing me off now. Im tempted to chop it in for something else. Im not fat nor thin im if average height too so don't get why they made these seats so shitty and unsupportive. I can't even tell why im not comfy its like all things can never be right (wheel, arms, pedals, back) Im looking into possibly sparco sprint 5's or corbeau clubsports with runners. Will this aleviate the problem or make it worse. ITS DOING ME IN! I so feel so disconnected to the car that I dont enjoy driving it particularly.

bimarco futuras, absolutely love mine, comfortable and supportive....and much lower than standard
E8A4005F-9760-469D-BA5C-95B2B1391A06_zps1oes8tc3.jpg

SQ5
Have you lowered the seat by taking the giant spacers out?

The only way to make it feel right is some proper bucket seats.

Thanks
Have you lowered the seat by taking the giant spacers out?

The only way to make it feel right is some proper bucket seats.
No as I heard they were vibration dampers...I still think the seat wouldnt offer the right support. Its annoying as I could spend a few hundred quid and bestuck with aftermarket seats that are still no good without me trying some first

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
I've never understood this.. Apart fromt the window being low compared to other cars, what is wrong with the driving position.. I love mine. I've got the half leather seats and they obviously arent as supportive as buckets but still good for everyday driving.

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
I've never understood this.. Apart fromt the window being low compared to other cars, what is wrong with the driving position.. I love mine. I've got the half leather seats and they obviously arent as supportive as buckets but still good for everyday driving.
im a midget and theyre too high up.

bozothenutter

ClioSport Club Member
@giacomoRS on here makes a steeringwheel extender for the original wheel, I have one and it makes a world of difference....bit fiddly to mount though, as you have to extend the airbag wires etc.

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon
i remember when the 172 first come out,top gear,autocar,fifth gear only complaint was thew driving position it istoo high but you get to live with it imo

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
Not long, the hardest bit is getting to the bolts under the car,
you'll need a deep socket set and the car has top be jacked up to get at the ones near the handbrake,
it does make it difficult to slide the seats back and forth as the runners rub on the carpet.

RenaultSport 172
Definitely replace the seats. You don't need buckets, just get some nice reclining seats. I had Cobra Misano's.
They were lower than standard and 10 times more comfortable.
I found the standard seats absolutely awful and like you had to change them or get rid of the car after about 6 weeks.
Once you've changed the seats the car is much nicer to drive

Listerine & Poledo
I got rid of the car, it seemed the only way that didn't involve pouring double the value of the vehicle into seats.

I was just going to go for the one bucket as they are generally cheaper than recliners and offer more support I imagine. Passenger can get stuffed lol

The only things stopping me getting a 200 is gearboxes, mpg and more money for little extra performance else I would have one. Even the recaros are beter than standard 172 leather seats for comfort!

Suzuki Jimny
The only things stopping me getting a 200 is gearboxes, mpg and more money for little extra performance else I would have one. Even the recaros are beter than standard 172 leather seats for comfort!

My gearbox is perfect, 33mpg average and much better performance than my 172 cup!

I've test driven a few but as my works shifts are a distance away the cruise control and option of 50mpg is a lot more appealing lol

DaveDreads

ClioSport Club Member
Is it b*llocks!
I barely get 38mpg and I have to be doing constant motorway speeds for over an hour to get that,
around town I get around 32-35.

DaveDreads

ClioSport Club Member
Must be the way I drive then, 70-80 on the motorway,
but around town I drive normally and I still get sh*t mpg, maybe it's because of the 98ron map or something.

SQ5
I reckon it is, the Ph1 I just got gets about 32 with similar driving and that's got a s**t fastchip map.

Listerine & Poledo
Is it b*llocks!
I barely get 38mpg and I have to be doing constant motorway speeds for over an hour to get that,
around town I get around 32-35.
Town, yep that sounds about right, but even with cruise & climate at full swing I'd break 40mpg on a run.
That said, I take notice of speed limits.

Listerine & Poledo
As if that Matchbox toy of yours is capable of racing the speed limit.
what, my old 172?
Accoding to this forum it's faster than a Ferrari, with more cornering ability than a 2007 F1 car.
(In reality, it was a shopping trolley with an oversized engine that did very well at hiding it's "drive-forever-forward", FWD nature)

Listerine & Poledo
Oh! Listerine barely cracks 30mpg, ever. fast or slow, rain or shine.
But then cool cars burn more fuel. Like Corvettes or Veyrons.

DaveDreads

ClioSport Club Member
By that definition the dog kennel's the coolest Clio on here, it goes through fuel like a hooker goes through condoms,
and my seats are nice and low.

Ive managed to get it reasonably comfy after constant adjustments the only fault now is im a little closer to the pedals than I'd like and the top of my back is slightly forward but F it. Least managed to get the tyres to squeel without fallingout the seat for a change!