ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Those really thick wash mitts for sale on here

I noticed someone selling some really thick wash mitts on here and lots of people appeared to order one.

The thread was titled "if carlsberg made wash mitts..."

Just wondering if anyone who has one can give me some info on how it performs comapred to say a megs lambs wool??

cheers

106 GTi
They are a lot softer and pusher than the Meguiars ones.

That said most are!

You wont go wrong with the Serious Performance "Carlsberg" ones Alex sells, I either use them or the Eurow ones, both are better than the Meguiars offerings.

I do like the megs ones however for the guaze on the back, which is really handy for removing bugs or any other bits of dirt that have bonded on quite tightly.

Does the serious performance one have this?

106 GTi
No it doesnt.

Though I am the opposite, I would not even think about using the bug side on my paint though, so find having two normal sides to the mitt, means I can use both sides of the mitt getting two passes rather than one before going back to the bucket(s).

I use a yellow sponge from asda and it does the same job!

:nono: shame on you. lol

you have to be very careful with sponges because the chances of marking the paint are greatly increased as theirs no deep pile for any grit to go in so its just dragged over the paint surface

RB 182
Used my 'Carlsberg' one for the first time yesterday and I'm very impressed, will probably get another when the next one goes.

106 GTi
I wasn't overly impressed tbh with the wash mitt from serious performance . It was thick and very soft before use , but seem to go very thin when loaded with water .

I prefer the wash mitt from carwashnwax .

http://www.chemicalguysuk.com/product_p/lambwas.htm

The carwashnwax ones seem/are identical to the Eurow ones. I ordered 4 from David a few months ago. The quality between them does seem to vary a fair bit though. Out of the 4, I was only really happy with 1.

Clio dynamique 1.4 16v
I've just bought a chamois & a microfibre cloth!!!! Now we're cooking on gas. My car wash shiny before, so now it's gonna be brilliant.