ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Those ’Sluggish’ Days

Maybe its just me, but does your clio just have sluggish days when it seems like it cant be bothered. And then another day it will make you grin from ear to ear with how much zip it has got?

ST

I have a 1.2 16v mate........its sluggis all the time.....you have a 172 so dont complain lol ;)

2005 Impreza WRX STI

lol i no what u mean mate! sometimes they feel really really quick and others just sort of normal depends how much your driving it tho i suppose. i rarely drive mine so when i do it feels fast but if ive been driving it a few days in a row, u get used to it i think more than it actually being slower!however, heat can cause this!

xr4x4

Every car i have owned has had slow/fast days...tbh i dont think its the car...i think its just a state of mind!

unless its mega hot then it will be slower

cold damp days - faster as intake air is more dense therefore better combustion

ever noticed that the car seems to run better at night? - again air temp.

hot dry days, funnily enough are the opposite of the above.

altitude too - air less dense the higher you go

EVOgone

ClioSport Club Member
  Pink Cup Racer

Find with mine that on the fast days the accelerator is supersensitive. I.E. just have to touch the accel and your off, engine feels very strong. Otherdays you have to push the accelerator about an inch before anything really happens.

I think on fly by wire throttle (mk2 172 and 182) the TPS switch can play games. I think thats why so many Mk2 172 have inconsistant power reading on the RR and the Mk1s are usuall around the same as they a cable accelerators.

My cup can hve these two senarios in the same day..!!!!

Golf R/Leon FR

yeah i have days like that thinking the car is slow, and others when it feels fast,

as most people have said the hot weather effects it too

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel

Quote: Originally posted by TheJesus on 02 August 2005
I have slow days where it feels 172 pace if thats what you mean? :p

HaHaHa! you should be on telly!

Lee

BMW M2C

Im having a slow couple of days, but then it does seem to have mutated into a silver Nissan Almera 1.6!!!

® Andy

ClioSport Club Member
  Illiad V6 255

Yep ... my V6 does, and my 172 before it, and indeed my Xsara VTS before that. A number of factors ... climatic factors of course, but also how the cars been run before (eg. warm engine), amount of fuel in tank (my V6 seems sweeter around around 3/4 of a tank as if fueling is stronger) ... and of course my over active imagination and paranoia ;)

Was talking to Nik about this just a few weeks back and he felt similarly.

Quote: Originally posted by matty w on 02 August 2005
Quote: Originally posted by TheJesus on 02 August 2005I have slow days where it feels 172 pace if thats what you mean? :p[/QUOTE]Rust is lighter than metal

lol, ill get more when you 1*2 lot can keep pace then ;)