ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

This weeks progress (non sport content)

Ph2 Meg 225
After looking at insurance prices on what I could afford, I decided I was ready for a new car with more power. Without putting myself into a huff with money purchasing one, I decided the sensible option was to keep my 1.2 16v for a few month longer until I had saved some more and get it looking better and making it mechanically sound!

Firstly the boring bits...

The car went to the mechanics and after a £171.12 bill I drove away with a new near side cv boot, an offside rear wheel bearing and an offside front ball joint.

I decided I had grown out of the yellow foglight tint so removed it and it looks much smarter! Along with that, today I swapped my megane splitter for a fabia one as my OCD couldn't cope with a couple of scuffs on it.

Before
image-142.jpg

image-113.jpg

after
photo2-5.jpg

photo1-5.jpg

and a few others after a detail by hand! Still learning

photo3-4.jpg

photo5-1.jpg

i also have an evol engineering dogbone to fit and currently on the hunt for some coilovers!

comments welcome!

And for anyone interested, my hobby from when I was 14-16
photo2-6.jpg

photo1-6.jpg

photo4-3.jpg

photo3-5.jpg

this was sadly the end of due to the time required and the cost of repairs after the damage shown above

Nyall

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium Ph1 172
Why spend money on coilovers etc. when you are trying to save for a more powerful car that you're buying in a few months?

Return it to standard, it will sell more easily than if you drop it on coilovers.

Ph2 Meg 225
When I say a few months it will probably be about 6 but for me to keep it I also have to be happy with how I want it. I'm not too sure on them yet as the ride height isn't bad but if some come up for sale cheap then I won't say no