ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

This (pic) has failed me twice. How much to replace/safe to drive?

5AD4A468-2553-40BB-BCAE-EE151FB1E8F5.jpg

Not sure on its exact name but it's failed me twice now, would it be the unit itself or the wiring loom?

Cars been sorned since June. It failed in around July and today. Just sat there in the back, engine running then cuts out.

Take that out ^ clean it and put it back in = sorted.

Question is would it cut out on me whilst driving? and how much is it to replace?

But main question is will it cut out whilst driving? Brown trouser moment if it would.

330i. E30 Touring.
Crank sensor.

There's a new updated genuine with a bit of loom which sorts the issues.

Clio II 172 RS Ph1
I had one fail on me on another type of car (Seat Leon 20VT) whilst driving. I was almost home, so fortunately no brown trouser moment...So I can assume this can also happen on other cars. Car was almost impossible to start then (same with the Clio).
What happended was the fuel was cut by the ECU to prevent fire (looks like an accident to the ECU). When an incorrect signal is received from this sensor, the ECU will cut the fuel pump.

I had to push the 1450kg car which was not fun as my name is not Hercules, son of the gods 😅

Clio 172
Go genuine with the modified loom. And yes it will cut out unexpectedly. It's an inductive pulse sensor and there for doesn't always bring a fault code. The internal coils tend to brake down with heat and age so go genuine always with the crank sensor

Bought one from auto world renault parts (former trader on here) 52 quid with new loom. Awkward to fit new loom i found very limited space..came supplied with heat shrinks..These were s**t so used normal connectors .