ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

This Is What I Want to Do

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
Hi Guys

Im considering putting a filter, a full SS system new cams and a new ECU in my car.

I already know what filter I want: PiperX Viper, but as for the other stuff I am pretty clueless. Want to get about 200bhp if possible.

I want an twin pipe slashcut exhaust that will sit into the bumper (so I will have to cut out the section it will sit in).

I have no idea about what cams or ECU's are recommended. Open to all suggestions and as much advice as possible, Cheers :D

where are you based? Personally I would goto BenR (angelworks) for cams, prospeed/shedmotorsport/orbisound/benr-if his is ever ready- for exhaust, whoever fits your cams for your remap, either BenR if he is offering it or GDI, and personally would go for ITG Maxogen over viper, but maxogen does cost more

theduckeatspork said:
where are you based? Personally I would goto BenR (angelworks) for cams, prospeed/shedmotorsport/orbisound/benr-if his is ever ready- for exhaust, whoever fits your cams for your remap, either BenR if he is offering it or GDI, and personally would go for ITG Maxogen over viper, but maxogen does cost more

Based in Wokingham. Where abouts are these places?

Megane225FF
prospeed - wales
benr & GDI - Cambridge
Yozzasport - in the middle of nowhere !!
You'll be needing a few pennies to do the work you're wanting..

Andyman said:
Your going to be well into a 4 figure sum to get anywhere near 200bhp.
Its either this or buy a faster car like a Supra, RX7, M3 and put all my money into running it. Or enjoy the cheap running costs of my car and get a bit of extra speed out of it without going silly.

EK9 + Mfactory gearing..
it depends on what collection of tuning parts you opt for (also what your car is putting out as standard), a basic tb package is 4k taking you to roughly 210bhp/170lbft. or a mix of; inlet matching (£180), 182 manifold (£250), cams (£6-800), headwork (£600 & up pending on severity), full exhaust system (£3-500), aftermarket ecu smt/omex etc (£600 base cost), or remap/group n (£300), id stick with a panel filter, all of these + fitting costs. there are many different combinations & all prices are rough guides. personally i would remap your original ecu as far as you can (until tbs). also to be considered cable throttle conversion for beter response (£1200-2000 pending on remap or ecu change). awt, gdi, yozzasport, hillpower are all within 2hrs ish of you, as you can see its not cheap, best to do is do a lot of asking the different tuners before you decide.