ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

This is a good one for you ICE gurus?

Leon Cupra 300
Basically i want to upgrade the std system in my cup.

I want to keep the whole of the car interior looking std so i need to keep the std head unit, and any speakers i put in need to fit into all the original holes etc.

i know nothing about ice etc so i thought about gettin some decent make speakers that i can put in the front and rear and then get a smallish amp to drive them a bit better than the std headunit would do, so is there anywhere behind the dash i can hide an amp and how do you actually connect them up to the headunit and speakers. i want to do it myself and dont have a clue.

plus any recomendations on speakers etc be handy, price is not really an issue :cool: (but not too silly)

J

jamesy

focal are the business a small t220 amp would be considered a choice pick just screw it to the back of the seat wiring up is a piece of piss surely you can do that?

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Upgradin everything bar the headunit is pointless, dont waste your money. You could get a nakimichi or a becker, no fancy graphics, just damn good sound quality

Leon Cupra 300
Back of what seat? i dont want to be running loads wires anywhere, might just pay someone to do it.. do u screw speaker wires into the amp then how do you connect the amp to the headunit?

hmmm, i can do all this stuff if is instructions to follow!

Leon Cupra 300
EvilJohn said:
Upgradin everything bar the headunit is pointless, dont waste your money. You could get a nakimichi or a becker, no fancy graphics, just damn good sound quality

im thinking of going down this route now this amp stuff is doing my head in. so can i just upgrade 4 speakers and thats that, the head unit will power them nicely?

Audi TT 3.2 V6
philmots said:
im thinking of going down this route now this amp stuff is doing my head in. so can i just upgrade 4 speakers and thats that, the head unit will power them nicely?

oem headunit will strugle its bag off and not make the speakers sound anywere near their best, ideally you want them to be running from an amp or failing that if you dont fancy the wiring of an amp...a damn good aftermarket headunit :)

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
Yeah Factory fit head units tend to be a bit s**t. I dont know if its a common problem but mine skips every time i go over a bit of uneven road. I would upgrade your headunit first and then think about getting speakers etc. Plus its probably the easiest part to fit

J

jamesy

a h/u upgrade would be the first thing to do upgrading everything else with a crap source unit is not going to make a great deal of difference if your that unsure take ya car to a fitter before you make a costly mistake;)

Leon Cupra 300
ok thanks for the advice, might have to get one of these nakahuchi or watever they are. they look mint! how do i go about using my denison ipod link into this though, will i need some sort of adaptor?

go for an aftermarket head unit first, it will make your sound system better on its own, then maybe go for uprated speakers (better sound again) and then if you are relly keen, amp the speakers up :D

v.cheapferrari
jl audio do a thing which enables you to keep you oem headunit, but have the sound quality & the ability to add speakers, subs, amps to the system

clicky here - its jl audio cleansweep - costs alot though, but worth every penny when you dnt want the car to look modified

im sure if you wnt to a shop & paid with cash, u could get that knocked down to bout 325 or less

from Trophy 2 work van :(
Just connect your rear speakers to some old house speakers from the loft and place them in the boot. job done. :coffee:

Leon Cupra 300
KingTrophy said:
Just connect your rear speakers to some old house speakers from the loft and place them in the boot. job done. :coffee:

you must of mis-read the whole of my original post :rolleyes:

Leon Cupra 300
dunnaz said:
jl audio do a thing which enables you to keep you oem headunit, but have the sound quality & the ability to add speakers, subs, amps to the system

clicky here - its jl audio cleansweep - costs alot though, but worth every penny when you dnt want the car to look modified

im sure if you wnt to a shop & paid with cash, u could get that knocked down to bout 325 or less

that sounds right up my street, might kelkoo it