ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

This head unit any gd?? Any one got one??

Dodgy one
Another one for Alpine sound the dogs and look it too :) I still have my old one which is four years old and still works as good as it did on day one Had a Pioneer one before and it was shite it fell apart never used Kenwood though

05 Clio DCi65/92 Surf 2.4
I'm an Alpine man too, would buy another Sony too as it goes but I generally avoid Kenwood.

e92 + E46 M3 + Cup
Thanks for the input guys, may look into some thing else, what alpine ones would you suggest for the £150 mark? would ideally need rear usb port ;)

RRS, 172, ST3, VTS
i dont trust kenwood for anything audio wise, toasters there ok for, but not audio equipment. Alpine ftw

alien green rs133
i dont trust kenwood for anything audio wise, toasters there ok for, but not audio equipment. Alpine ftw

my kenwood speakers just went pop the other day :mad: saying that though i have kenwood multi-stack stereo in my house its twenty years old and its awesome!!!

1.2 16v Billabong Edition
i recently bought a Pioneer DEH-P7900UB for £180 (car audio secruity), if your lookin for usb connectivity expecially for hard drives it seems to be about the best one around, search for some reviews on it on google and they are all good, supports playlists, 15,000 files in up to 2,048 folders, and once the musics been read you can scoll as fast as you like with no furtehr loading needed, im impressed with it anyways!

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
id get an alpine.

my pal has that kenwood one...

it sticks out of his dash by about 10 mile...

yes its fitted correctly ;)

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
yeh you can plug and external usb device in it. i was gonna get this if i dint get the apline...
if your gonna get one, i would go for that one :)

e92 + E46 M3 + Cup
Will hopefully get summit this weekend, no music is not good :dapprove:

Will the pioneer one fit flush with the centre console? i've seen that a few head units stick out, why is this? just to big for the clio or bad design?

Ph2 FF 172
Hey dude,

I have replaced my stereo with an Alpine ipod unit. The original housing has a kind of plastic finger about an inch and half long which you need to cut out or file down in order to fit your new one. It's pretty easy to do just very time consuming but, woth it to get a flush fit.
DSC00379.gif

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
DUDE! you have the exact same one as me... best unit i owned :D especially with the search feature... and with it been orange or green it goes with the car aswell..

e92 + E46 M3 + Cup
So is this plastic finger going to stop the majority of after market head units fitting flush? have you Got some piccys or guide on removing this bit of plastic? where abouts is it located?

Ph2 FF 172
So is this plastic finger going to stop the majority of after market head units fitting flush? have you Got some piccys or guide on removing this bit of plastic? where abouts is it located?

Yes. If you pull out your original unit and look into the dash where it was you'll see it. It's part of the moulded housing.

I hope that makes sense?

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
with after market head hunits they just screw off... well my alpine one did - the back is completly flat bar all the wires

Never above 25mpg
Hmm, they were homemade ones out of what I can only describe as tent posts!! Then it was a case of taking the panel out below the heater controls, and the panel with the hazard switch and bending the old cage hooks so I could shove it out from behind with my hand.. it didnt help that the previous owner had also installed a Nokia handsfree kit so the excess of wires I managed to pull out was ridiculous...

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
haha... u must really look after the pennys going through all that for the sake of some keys :p

Never above 25mpg
Haha well.. the guy who I borrowed them off used to work for Halfords so I guess that explains it haha

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
does it not look tacky with silver surround? iv always thought silver looks tacky on H/U especially with the rest of the interior being black.. looks odd IMHO ..
no offence like pal

Never above 25mpg
Hmm that headunits v common is it not? Alpines are good for sound quality im told but not for aesthetics! Although my Sony headunit does stick out slightly due to it being motorised..

Red 197
i no you may say that their pants, but a Fli S.W.A.T 5 from motosave. only 70 notes. It sounds and looks the bogs dalloks