ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

This doesn't look right?

danward

ClioSport Club Member
  M135i
So I had a new alternator fitted a week or so ago and I've been having a poke about in the engine bay today and noticed that the belt looks stupidly close/is touching the mount (not sure of its name). How is this meant to look? I'm going to take it back to the garage tomorrow.

IMG_1235_zps953e72f4.jpg

IMG_1234_zps9716e8b0.jpg

Clio 172
Piece of piss mate , you need new belt and tensioner, use the jubilee clip method ... Sure there is a how to guide here somewhere

Renault Clio 1.2 TCe
These arent adjustable. That big spring does all the tensioning for you. Chances are it needs replacing. The tensioner pivots on a shaft thats bolted to the engine with an 8mm allen key. That shaft sometimes seizes so it could possibly be that. If you got it off and you cant move it with your hands freely then try that first its cheaper!