ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Thinking On Getting a Janspeed catback for 182

Clio 182 cup
how louder is the supersport version i dont want something really loud but a good sport note when you put the foot down

monaco 172
I live in Rotherham. Come and listen to mine and make your mind up.

It only gets stupidly loud when you decat it which is why I put my cat back on lol

clio 182
sorry guys a little off the point but do you know any sites where i can get a good cat for my 182 as the old one is blowing hard! or should i just get a bodge job on the old one and fit a de cat pipe to it? and ideas or info would be great.

Golf GTD Mk7
sorry guys a little off the point but do you know any sites where i can get a good cat for my 182 as the old one is blowing hard! or should i just get a bodge job on the old one and fit a de cat pipe to it? and ideas or info would be great.

Change gasket and/or clamp to centre section. Depends where it is blowing. Keep an eye out for a second hand cat tbh, otherwise prepare to dig deep

clio 182
i work for renault and the the guys who work for renault sport said get a de cat, maybe scorpion and get the old one welded and just stick it on for the mot, u think thats best? they said i wud get about 10bhp out of a de cat aswell.

clio 182
the guy said (as a mate coz he works for us but does a bit of work on the side) that his 172 has a de cat and it makes it a lot sharper and that i should just get the de cat and get the old cat welded and stick it on for the mot. sounds good if it makes it a bit quicker and the de cat pipes are only like £57 on ebay and they will fit it for a drink.

clio 182
will av a work wen i go back into work, i listen to them on most things an moslty they are right. cheers for the input tho, will defo take it on board, any lost cost ways of getting the bhp up?

monaco 172
Cris I live in kimmy but regulary go Upto wickersly.

George, there's nothing really cheap to get any power from a 1*2 lump without spending thousands.

Best bet would be decat, remap and panel filter. You won't get
Much bhp gain but itl improve the drivability
Of the car

Clio 182 cup
Cris I live in kimmy but regulary go Upto wickersly.

George, there's nothing really cheap to get any power from a 1*2 lump without spending thousands.

Best bet would be decat, remap and panel filter. You won't get
Much bhp gain but itl improve the drivability
Of the car

yeah i wouldnt mind coming to listen mate when are you available to meet up?

clio 182
Thanks alot mate I'm gna get the de-cat from scorpion!! They are ok arnt they? An get the old cat welded for the not only an switch it each year!! New cat for a 182 is like £2000 I couldn't find a cheap one or second hand, you know of any incase I need one? Defo gna get a de cat but plan b is always handy!!

clio 182
Apart from the k tek ones are the scorpion ones ok? I herd good things about them if they are fitted ok?!? You know where I can get any cheap or second hand cats from??