ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Thinking of selling, Whats it worth?

Audi TT 225
Thinking of selling up, spent a bit of time in a new 1.2 Clio and realised I’m not gaining much by owning the 172, usually stuck in traffic anyway, I hardly drive it as I work at home but just found out I’m out of a job in a few months so it might have to go. Wouldn’t be able to afford to keep, run and insure it in a worst case scenario.

Renault Sport Clio 172 Ph1
Registered November 2000 – X plate
3 Owners
99,000 Miles
Full Service History mostly Renault, last service by Yozzasport
Titanium Silver (647)
MOT Due November 07, Tax September 07
All usual ph1 goodies apart from Aircon.
Light Weight alloy bonnet and shift light.

Engine / Performance mods
ITG Panel Filter and up-rated cold air feeds
172 Cup setup including new mounts, bolts, light weight alternator
Brand new cam belt, aux belt, clutch, sump gasket and bolts, manifold gaskets, tensioner’s, gearbox mount, cam plugs.
Custom machined PAS pipes and new PAS lines.
Air-conditioning removed.
Gearbox just rebuilt with new synchromesh’s (perfect).
New Samco hoses (blue)
New performance heat shield covering rear of engine bay protecting brake lines etc
Complete new fluid set, PAS, Brake fluid, engine oil, gearbox oil.
Recent battery (The Halfords £60 one).
Compression tested.
Recent oil pressure sensor and idle control valve.
Colour coded OMP front strut brace.
Highly polished cam cover, rocker cover, plenum, fuel rail guard, throttle body and throttle cable mount. Goes well beyond a standard polish job, fuel rail guard faced off, all casting overflow removed and smoothed out, throttle body completely smoothed.
Blue Apiro Wire/Hose covers.
Prospeed 3.5” cat-back Exhaust recessed into bumper (not too loud).

Brakes
Only a few months old and not covered many miles,
Tar.ox Sport Japan vented, drilled and grooved front discs
Tar.ox Sport Japan vented, drilled and grooved rear discs with new bearings
Tar.ox fast road pads front and back
Brand new handbrake cables both sides
Blue Callipers front and back

Suspension
Apex -40mm lowering springs
Just had tracking done

Wheels
15” OZ F1 Cup’s recently refurbished in appliance white

Exterior
Genuine Renault clear side repeaters
Colour coded bump strips on sides
Colour coded door handles
Silver Bee string aerial
Complete set of Philips blue vision bulbs (not blue) in dual optics
Osram Diadem front indicators
Ph2 Rear light clusters
Genuine Renault 182 exhaust surround

Interior
Complete interior SMD/LED conversion including dials, centre console, aircon/blower controls, auto lock button, headlight leveller switch, hazard switch, window switches, main interior light.
Alpine CDA-9853 Head Unit
Centurion 5.6” TFT mounted where ashtray used to be (will connect to any AV signal, DVD, PS, XBOX, Laptop etc)
Footwell neons (blue) can be removed.
Interior kept clean and all leather treated regularly.

Bad points
Front shocks need replacing but will consider sorting this out before sale
Paintwork leaves a little to be desired but adds to character lol
Small cigarette burn in rear seat (didn’t notice when I bought it)
Some cigarette burns in drivers side front carpet but not massively noticeable.

There’s probably a few more things I’ve done but can’t think atm, much much much money spent! About 4k in recent months! Loads of receipts for all parts and work.
Very quick car! Mechanicaly its like new, tons of new parts, had all the common problems and resolved them all so theres not much could go wrong with it!

Ad

MK2 FRS
tbh, 3.5k might be the max..... mileage will put loads of people off, even with that comprehensive history.

Id keep it mate after all the work youve had done.. better the devil you know.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
you're just spend major dollar on it mate!

keep it for a while imo...or sell it to me for £2.5k so i can strip it out!

Audi TT 225
Dunno if I'll be able to keep it if I cant get a new job in time, wont be able to afford the insurance or to feed it, tax, mot etc :S

Octavia VRS
A good bit of work gone into that mate. Like Ad says, the miles would put a lot of people off but someone in the know off here might take it off your hands for a decent amount

Sorry to hear that you are thinking of selling up, but as you asked according the glass's guide a 2000 X plate Ph 1 172 with 100k on the clock books at £2425 trade and £ 3600 retail.

Prices are for standard examples.

Audi TT 225
I know I "should" keep it but if nothing comes up within the next four months Im screwed :(
Most of it is lazy motorway miles.. aint got no where to keep it off the road until happier times either
Would make awesome track car

Ad

MK2 FRS
i stand by the fact youd be crazy to sell it after you ploughed the cash into it, Id SORN it tbh even if it was for 12mths.

Audi TT 225
yeah but I cant keep it on the road then, no garage, no drive... the second it was uninsured my amzing bad luck would probably attract some sorta crazy random damage like a meteor strike or sommit :S

In the last week alone Ive had a reletive pass away, my washing machine almost burnt my house down, got shafted by my employer, something else to do with the car but Im not gonna mention that because its being sorted and some old git almost wiped me out and was milimeters from crashing into my hire car today...

On a right downer, everythings going wrong and Ive really had enough :banghead:

v nice.

could you do me a favour and add me to msn ? as i have a few questions. the addy is on my profile.

Sorry for the hijack rich, as i said please dont sell it, you would loose far too much £££ imo

Audi TT 225
All I do is spunk money on this car... and for what!

doesn't achieve anything... my trip in a 1.2 today wasn't so different from my trips in mine... just doesn't accelerate as quick.. whoopty fricken doo :S

just trying to think what you have just spent on it though and the fact that it would be nearly 2k down the pan ?

Rsport182Cup'd
yeah but I cant keep it on the road then, no garage, no drive... the second it was uninsured my amzing bad luck would probably attract some sorta crazy random damage like a meteor strike or sommit :S

In the last week alone Ive had a reletive pass away, my washing machine almost burnt my house down, got shafted by my employer, something else to do with the car but Im not gonna mention that because its being sorted and some old git almost wiped me out and was milimeters from crashing into my hire car today...

On a right downer, everythings going wrong and Ive really had enough :banghead:

you can get stored non driving insurance incase you lay the car up, like if you go abroad so it is insured but not to drive

Audi TT 225
damn site more than 2k down the pan tbh... :S
but then everything else is going down the pan anyway!
I duno I'll get on the job hunt tomorrow, got some time before I have to make a decision if it stays or goes. the way I feel right now I just wanna draw the line and be done with it.
Spose if I had somewhere to store it I could stop my insurance, wouldn't need to tax it etc.... but if it came to the crunch and I needed the cash it would have to go at what ever price :(

^^ really? I didn't know you could do that, any idea how much that differs from normal insurance cost wise and who offers it?

Last edited:
  Clio 172 mk2
Keep it

If it's a good, reliable car that you are familliar with it's often better to stay put....you could end up buying a 'cheaper' car that ends up being a money pit.

Chocolate Bar™
All I do is spunk money on this car... and for what!

doesn't achieve anything... my trip in a 1.2 today wasn't so different from my trips in mine... just doesn't accelerate as quick.. whoopty fricken doo :S

ive had this same feeling, but you've got to stick with it. whack it in the drive on SORN in the worst case scenario and then put it back on the road through summer. wouldnt cost too much to run then :)

impreza p1
i traded mine in for 3k, had 64k, fsh, and was immaculate

DSC01716.jpg