ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Thinking of changing my RS Tuner Calibration, any suggestions?

Black 172 ph2
Im thinking of changing my RS Tuner ECU calibration to see if the lastest (Dec 2008) makes any difference to the current (Aug 2008) calibration i have.

Have any of you guys noticed any difference between these and any suggestions which to go for?

6500_2A08.rst
6500_5404.rst

and then which .cal file is best to apply:

6500_5404_WEB_RON98.cal
6500_5B03_WEB_RON98.cal

Currently i have the below applied:

6400_2A07.rst
6400_2A07_WEB_RON98.cal

Cheers,
Chris

ClioSport 172 Cup
Yeh I have the 6400_2A07.cal file on my 2002 172 Cup. I would be interested to see what the difference is with the new Dec 2008 one. Anyone tried it??
Hey by the way i`ve never done a complete ECU software update on my Cup, what are the advantages?? I thought I only needed the Cal file for performance enhancements??

Samuel

M235i / 172
The cal file is only a small part of the data the engine runs off of. Its kinda like the fine tuning part, Get the whole rst file changed, it will be a different car! Ive never looked back since doing mine.

ClioSport 172 Cup
Hi,

So can i go for the 6500_5404.rst even though my current ECU is 6400?
Then logic suggests the same named cal file?
Also does it really take 30 mins to update the rst in practice? :/

Samuel

Black 172 ph2
Sam,

Yes you are correct. You can update your rst to either of the 6500_****.rst then apply either of the 6500_***.cal files ontop even tho ur original ECU is 6400_****.

I will be having a play with them both tomorrow and hopefully let you know which one feels the best.

It takes arounf 15-20 mins to put on a new rst then cal from what i remember back in August.

rps13
i know this has been done to death, but would you guys say that it's worth the money/noticable difference in power delivery?

Black 172 ph2
One word YES!

Never looked back since, the car was horrible to drive from cold starts etc before and once warm the raised rev limit gives it the power the car should have from stock really!

ClioSport 172 Cup
I assume your thinking of buying the rstuner? It brings the car to life and makes the engine more responsive and overall alot better to drive! Ive never tested the approx bhp or torque improvements from it but you can feel the difference! I can say with confidence from what ive read on here 99% of cliosport forum members think it is the best ECU software money can buy for these cars including the performance gains from it. + it does full engine diagnostics and a performance test similar to a dyno test.

Samuel

ph2 172
right got mine a while back and gonna install it today cant believe not got round to doing it yet prob because mine seems to not be jerky in mornings like everyone elses, anyway i downloaded my original rst and cal files and they are
RSTuner_6400_5402_2008-11-16_17-05.rst
RSTuner_6400_5402_2008-11-16_17-01.cal
what rst and cal would you guys recommend to install?

fil_b

ClioSport Club Member
  172 FF and Fabia VRS
hmmmm

there is a new 7300 rst on there

may up laod the cal and the rst file later ;)

Black 172 ph2
You cant use the 7300_**** unless you have a new style ECU (current version begins with a 7***_****)

fil_b

ClioSport Club Member
  172 FF and Fabia VRS
i have ;)

why he put them up cause i got the 7300.

he only did the cal files when i was doing mine

now have an rst file :D

ClioSport 172 Cup
OK i`ve tried 6500_2A08 + i uploaded the 5404 .cal file just for good measure, i was previously on 6400_2A07. Tbh i didnt notice much difference at all to engine performance or anything LOL. I don`t understand these latest cal and rst files cus i mean Henk doesn`t even list what additions or alterations he makes to them, like if there are any tweaks to the ignition maps or fuel maps.

Sam

Last edited:
  172 Clio Sport
Hi Sammy,

So there is no real point upgrade to the newer 6500 from the group n 6400?

I asked all these questions and no one has a real answer.