ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Thinking of buying a 182......

Hi Cliosporters

Am thinking about buying a 182 as a weekend runabout, not new but a 04 model would do just fine.

Any advice appreciated, never driven one but owned a own a clio williams 3 from new in the 90s.

Recommendations on whether to buy with cup susp and spoilers or without? your opinoins please, and any mods, ECU, induction kit etc.....worth doing.

Thanks,

TonyMac

Mini Cooper S sport

Definitely get one with both cup packs! Buy one, youll love it. There are a couple in the For Sale forum here.

Oh, and welcome! :)

106 GTi

Its the closest car today to the great hot hatches of the 80s/90s. To me its the modern day 205 GTi, which was one off the cars mine replaced. I say do it.

Like others say most people go for both the cup packs.

Tread carefully - for £25k+ (when you add the 182) is a lot to have tied up in cars and depreciating.

The 182 clearly isnt as luxurious, solid or quite as quick in a straight line as the R32. However, a 182 will return 35mpg overall (and into the 40s taking it gently on long runs), cost less to service and be quite adequate - if not perfect - for most journey types.

You may find that you end up selling the R32 and downsizing permanently to the 182.:D

thanks for your replys,

The reason im thinking of buying is i work abroad and my R32 is with me, and im fed up of getting taxis and trains when im back home.

Not to bothered about luxuries, the golf isnt that luxurios anyway, but the 182s come fully loaded with most options that i need, plus i want to re-live my clio Willaims dayz,

will post as soon as i get one!!

Tonymac.

Lee

BMW M2C

Welcome to Cliosport.

By the sounds of your requirements the 182 would fit the bill nicely.

You can find some really low mileage 04 cars for peanuts. The depreciation hit in the first year is massive!! Most of these cars will have had the niggles sorted.

Ive never regretted replacing my 172 with a 182, and I cant see me regretting swapping the 182 for a Trophy at the end of the week.

They are far from perfect but I cant think of anything which offers the same sort of spec, fun levels and value for money as the 182 does, in any spec.

Lee