ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Think you know how to spray?

After i applied my initial coats of primer i then sanded down with 2500 just to smooth again, then cleaned & proceeded like this. Didn't bother sanding in between apps of the colour, just after the final coat. Got it as smooth as possible, I then polished it back up via rotary, cleaned thuroughly & applied plenty of light coats of laquer after. I then again sanded down with 2500 & 3000 & polished back up :) Well, it worked for all my bits!

Am I reading that wrong, or did you polish the colour up, then lacquered over it without scuffing it down again?

What JoeyD is saying is correct btw, you can sand the colour coats down with a fine sandpaper to remove nibs before lacquering and it won't affect the finish, unless you go mental with a rough grade of paper. It's not really necessary though unless you get a major imperfection in the colour coats.