ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Think ive written off my 182 (Pic)

BMW M3
Got caught out in a heavy down-pour and lost the back end on a fast A-road corner. I wasnt even going fast, especially due to conditions.... hit flood water from the fields, full of leaves and mud.

Basically kept opposite lock on from the start but still headed off the road.

Had to decide.... hit a wall, hit a tree or hit a big sign board... chose the latter. Unfortunatly, there was no 'hit nothing' option

Shame really, have had 5 great trouble free years with it but i suppose its time for a change.

Im guessing its a write off due to the roof.

17052009845.jpg

Cro

Meg'd r27
Flip that looks nasty enough. Defo right off I'd imagine dude. Still alive tho!!

koi

Audi S1
Ouch looks nasty, how did the roof get creased?? I would say that looks like a write off :(

BMW M3
Yeah, everyone ok thankfully. Although shat myself with the airbags !!... They're worse than the crash !! Was like a couple shotgun rounds going off... smoke everywhere. Even the seat ones made a show.

The window and roof was done with this sign coming down..... still starts but feels seriously mullered when driving.

Nasty mate feel for you:( but that is 100% a write off. The side alone is about £2k+ worth of damage, never mind the front or the roof.

Mondeo TDCI 130
The fact you think its a right off made me laugh!!!, i was inspecting a bit of damage! its absolutely fucked!!!

Hope everyone was ok dude!!

Monaco 53/468
that is a shitter dude, glad everyone is ok, shame about the car though

How much for the wheels, bullets and boot handle with diamond!????

Sorry

Unlucky man :dapprove: to everyone trying to scavange parts off him, don't you think that's a bit out of order?

421 Cammed 172
Gutted for you mate.

It may be heartbreaking to do, but there could be some money in breaking it after buying back from the insurance if they offer.

I don't want anything from it, thats not my reason behind suggesting it.

Alloys alone worth £300 - £400
Engine
Interior
Gearbox

Then there's the smaller stuff.

Just depends on whether you could do it knowing it was yours beforehand.

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
The money you will make on breaking it for parts will be a decent
amount, F4R engines change hands for £500 - £1000 depending
on condition, miles etc

On the other hand the money you will loose on future insurance
premiums will be alot more than the loss you will incure on breaking.

Its just a car, a chunk of metal that is worth a fair bit in parts,
you have to detach yourself from it now and think of whats
best for your wallet, claim on your insurance and pay massive premiums
for years to come, or break it for parts and make a bit of money back
and put it towards a new car.

421 Cammed 172
Good point made by DaveDreds.

Is it possible to inform an insurance company that a crash has occured but you don't wish to claim from them and therefore retain your NCB etc but still stay on the right side of the law??

Stagecoach Ticket
100% Total Loss mate unfortunatly. If you put in an insurance claim for that vhc it will go down as a CAT B so you would not be able to retain the salvage.

A private repair cost on it aswell would be mental 5-8k??

You should be able to shaft your insurer though swap the xeons for standard head lights easy 200 to be made. Daves plan is pretty good though would be worth a good 2k in parts proberly be able to get a 172 and not hike your insurance premium

Stagecoach Ticket
AD you can inform your insurance company just for record purposes yeah just when you phone up make sure that you understate the damage alot else it may cause problems on saftey grounds.

421 Cammed 172
I thought Cat B could be retained on the grounds of spares only??

Cat A is fit for crusher only isn't it??

Anyways i'm gonna get in trouble for spamming threads again!

You can get a Cat B car back from the insurance company, I have a mate who did, but they take the V5 etc and it's not allowed to be fixed to be put back on the road.