ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Think Ive been done over

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
Allrite there

Im havig a bit of bother at the mo. I bought a mobile phone off ebay. payed for it recived it had it for a couple of weeks:D . Then i get unregisterd sim displaying.:(
I try and sort it out by trying various things, had a look round the net for similar symptoms. A conclusion i came to was that the phone has been blacklisted.
So I then contact o2 to check that my sim is ok. And it turns out its fine.
So I email the guy I bought it from to see if he had any answers.
Anyway phoned motorola and they said that it was still under warranty so sent it in and we will have a look at it.
Got it back today and moto confirmed that it has been blacklisted.:mad:
So i email the guy I bought it from sayin it has been confirmed blacklisted. He emails me back saying i better call the police, as something must of happend after the phone was bought off him.
so i have emailed him saying that it arrived sealed in the post and havent left it since i got it. i also asked if we could arrange for a refund. I am waiting for a reply but was wondering if this starts to turn nasty and he wont refund me money,
does any one know what i could do or say if he wont pay my money back

Cheers Dave

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  Black Twingo GT
You can get your money back through paypal if you bought it through them. I had this issue with a hard disk, you can reverse the money or Paypal will cover you.

Good luck mate,

Dan

Trader Rating - 100%
5   0   0
  GSXR 600
Could you find the date that it was blacklisted?

then you'll be able to prove he sold you a black listed phone...

if you paid by credit card through paypal you could cancel the payment on your card..

Hope it helps

Cheers Tony.

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  Clio 172mk2
ye phone yer network up , or what ever network the fone was bought on , quote the imei , say its yer fone as u have the reiciept , and ask who black listed it. if it turns out to be the person you bought it off , report him .

Trader Rating - 100%
8   0   0
  172 Cup
Probably an insurance scam.

He sells the phone on Ebay. Leaves it a few days/weeks then tells his provider it's been nicked. They blacklist it, send him a brand new phone and he's chuffed to bits as he not only has a new phone but your money too.

Happens every day on Ebay.

Trader Rating - 100%
3   0   0
  M2 Competition
Lol, i think the problem isnt that biojo, the phone has probably been reported stolen by someone, and thus if he phones the network provider, theyre going to assume he's stolen it, or is in receipt of stolen goods.

Edit- damnit griff with your oh so quick fingers :rasp:

Trader Rating - 100%
9   0   0
.Griff. said:
Probably an insurance scam.

He sells the phone on Ebay. Leaves it a few days/weeks then tells his provider it's been nicked. They blacklist it, send him a brand new phone and he's chuffed to bits as he not only has a new phone but your money too.

Happens every day on Ebay.

Yup. If its been long enough PayPal wont refund you either!

Trader Rating - 100%
8   0   0
  Clio 1.4 16v
Always make sure your paypal buyers/sellers are verified, if it goes tits up when you buy something as long as they are verified then paypal will redeem the costs, if they are not verifeid then the only way paypal will do anything is if they have money sitting in their paypal account.

Trader Rating - 100%
1   0   0
  172 cup'd extreme
may have been from a stolen shipment of them, i know a guy who bought 20 nokias from a stolen load, a month later 19 of them were black listed

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
yea in still trying to getit sorted. my 45days are up on friday to be able to claim back. but ive sent it to moto they confirm that it is blacklisted. but my service provider have done a check and they say its not blacklisted. so in in didcussion that if my service provider say its not blacklisted then moto are going to give me a new phone as its a fault with the phone.
just wait and see.
cheers for all the info guys will let you know how it goes