ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

They might be old, but they make me WET

Cookson

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk1 Audi TT 3.2 V6
fez1.gif

Fez2.gif

fez4.jpg

fez3.jpg

Had one of these YEARS back, and the numbers fell out of the floor to reveal another set underneath

:lolup:

R53 Cooper S
I had no less than three mk1 xr2's back in the day as they were so cheap and ten a penny, great little cars.

Wish i would have known then the kind of money they fetch now!

GiT

ClioSport Club Member
  Shit little Yaris...
MK1 XR2's looked ace... but then look at a MK1 Golf GTI and the XR2 looked too Essex!

Always wanted one too.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
One of my mates inherited his grans mk1 supersport.

1 owner from new (Still on the old logbook!) and something rediculous like 33,000 miles. Currently going through a full nut and bolt restoration. :D

He's even got the original bill of sale and it was £6300 iirc.

GiT

ClioSport Club Member
  Shit little Yaris...
Will be worth a packet if done as good as that Nova 1.3 Sport that did the rounds online.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
My mum never shuts up about the one she had at my age. They do look quite 80's, I like.

Cookson

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk1 Audi TT 3.2 V6

1 owner from new (Still on the old logbook!) and something rediculous like 33,000 miles. Currently going through a full nut and bolt restoration. :D

1.3 OHC with a 32/34 webber?

I love the noise they make too. Slow as s**t in this day in age, but easy to drop a zetec turbo lump in

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
Gorgeous old skool stuff.I love them.

I would like one with a a type R engine though...

pimp mobile Zafira
Woman at work has a cabriolet version that she brings out for shows. Its the weirdest looking thing.

V6 255, 172's, JCW,

Please please please keep us posted on this Daniel.. with some pics!! Absolutely love Super Sports! I had a white one, way back in 86 lol. It was one of the very first, registered on 01/01/81 :) What colour is your mates? What colour stripes etc?

From that I went on to a 3yr old mk2 XR2.. then onto a couple of mk1 XR2's when I bought my first house. Such great cars.. great memories! :)

Cookson

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk1 Audi TT 3.2 V6
I've had a few Mk2's in my past, but they just arent as raw as the Mk1......... and most of them met a grizzley end

Scoobydoo2.jpg

Scoobydont.jpg

Picture014.bmp

IMG_0173_2.jpg

IMG_0146.jpg

IMG_0152.jpg

and my fast one

DSC00201.jpg

DSC00208.jpg

DSC00199.jpg

DSC00214.jpg

DSC00212.jpg

I miss that. It was nothing short of scary to drive!!

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Please please please keep us posted on this Daniel.. with some pics!! Absolutely love Super Sports! I had a white one, way back in 86 lol. It was one of the very first, registered on 01/01/81 :) What colour is your mates? What colour stripes etc?

From that I went on to a 3yr old mk2 XR2.. then onto a couple of mk1 XR2's when I bought my first house. Such great cars.. great memories! :)

Its a bare shell in primer at the minute. I'm going to the unit tonight so i'll grab some pics.

It was and will be white.

Cookson

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk1 Audi TT 3.2 V6
Looks nothing like lol its got wide wheels on it that are probably motorsport wheels and the arches to cover the wheels oh and bonnet pins, looks more like a track weapon.

deep dish with stretched tyres?

Looks more like something from the dub scene to me

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
Had a mk1 XR2 too back in the day my first car loved it ! wish I still had it now worth a few pennies now :approve:

Evo 5 RS

lol that's f**king epic

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
They are not stretched.If you read the sun strip it says old skool fords.Nothing euro about it.I did a quick search for fiesta type r and this came up so posted it.

I think it looks great...

Ph1 Clio V6, Ph2 172
I never used to like these very much but a few years back when I was a little younger, I remember seeing one of these tearing around Cranfeild street racing. The Type R's, XE powered Corsa's FRS's and other hot stuff didn't know where to hide. It devistated everything and ran on twin 48's if I remember correctly. From that moment on, I always showed these a little respect.

Addz

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy, TVR Tamora
My mates got a gorgeous standard looking xr2 with a 2.0l zetec in it :) awesome little car

120d M Sport
I dont get the drop a massive lump in an old, lightweight car either. As well as losing original character, surely it massively upsets the balance and becomes nose heavy when you start talking 2.0s and so on?

OP, love your white one with the RS 7 spokes...how long are we going back to when you owned that?

Jamie86

ClioSport Club Member
  RS175,595,205gti,172
Some modern bigger engines dont actually weigh a great deal more than old lumps though..

Cookson

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk1 Audi TT 3.2 V6
OP, love your white one with the RS 7 spokes...how long are we going back to when you owned that?

Christ, now you're asking, lol. Think it was 2004, because I had it after my cossie, but before my Mk1 Clio

Sold it to some scouse lad