ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

These 'superchips' on ebay...Do they work???

145db Euro'd clio
They have them for sale for like £15 and say that they basically tell the ECU that there is cooler air being taken into the engine. some of them claim to gain up to 15bhp. anyone got one or know someone thats got one. do they work? :dapprove:

VX220
buy one and try, also while your there get one of the supercharger induction kits and let us know how you get on. videos of 0-60 before and after would be great i you cant get it on a dyno.:)

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
do they work? :dapprove:[/quote]

I got one gave me extra 317bhp atw out drag evos all day long now !!!
Bargain at 15 quid too :D Tourque steers a b**ch tho ;)

No seriously mate wot do you think :headno:

145db Euro'd clio
yeah i didnt think so. they sound believeable enough but their just scamming people. I dont think i'll get one tbh. i do want something on my car as its only a 1.2 8v. bit sluggish compared to my mates 1.6 sxi corsa. lol. just want something to give it a little more oomph. induction kit? remapping (worth it?) anyone selling anything that'll fit my car? its pretty standrad atm, want anything to make it look better!

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
yeah i didnt think so. they sound believeable enough but their just scamming people. I dont think i'll get one tbh. i do want something on my car as its only a 1.2 8v. bit sluggish compared to my mates 1.6 sxi corsa. lol. just want something to give it a little more oomph. induction kit? remapping (worth it?) anyone selling anything that'll fit my car? its pretty standrad atm, want anything to make it look better!

No mate better spending on other things probly start with a panel filter at first then go from there ;)

Cooksport Fleet
its only a resistor ur paying 15 quid for lol, go to b and q or something and buy one urself for 15p

U will get more BHP from a cliosport.net sticker!

Oh yeah and i know someone who put one on their car, it ran it on some sort of extreme cold start map and idled at 4k!

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
Well when i striped the old interior out and replaced it with the new stuff i drove it with the rear seats out and there was quite a difference. See my progress thread for pics.

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
is save your money and buy something inherently faster in a year or so instead of spending hard earned money on tuning crap for a shopping trolley that will make next to no difference.

Yer saving for a 172:approve:

Albi blue 197
ive got one of those i only payed a 5er on ebay, ive noticed a difference with it like might only work on the smaller engines tho might not notice it on bigger ones ive got a 1.2 16v and there a bit of roads i floor it on and normally managed to get 86 out of this little strip of road since i got that i can get 92 no problem so probs get a lil bit more but i found they work

e92 + E46 M3 + Cup
Waste of dosh as every ones said, if they gave an extra 15bhp for £5-15 dont you think every one on would be running them instead of spending £200-350 on a re-map :clown:

Like said, stip it out! power - weight ratio is where its at for the £££

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
ive got one of those i only payed a 5er on ebay, ive noticed a difference with it like might only work on the smaller engines tho might not notice it on bigger ones ive got a 1.2 16v and there a bit of roads i floor it on and normally managed to get 86 out of this little strip of road since i got that i can get 92 no problem so probs get a lil bit more but i found they work
LOLerskates. They don't work mate.

Pefect example of someone with absolutely no (mechanical) knowledge at all

iimushroomzii

Toilet roll king
  Transit Connect.

PMSL! You've made me smile! :D

Deja vu 182
You must have the sock induction kit too ???? ;)