ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Thermostat

RS172
Where is the best place to get a new thermostat ASAP as mine has packed up :( and the o-ring/seal is knackered

172 cup
renault main dealers can normally get them in same day if you go before 12. think there about £19.80. however i went to a local motor shop and got one for £9 off the shelf.

RS172
Thanks for the replys will ring local motor factors in the morning! What's the best way to bleed the coolant system up once I've refitted it?

Ly Megane 230 F1
from what ive heard mate there is one bleeding nipple in the whole cooling system... leave that off till you have filled the cooling up, then put the cap back on. il look for the thread for you :)

AB 182-GTI-6-205 GTI
There's a bleed point on the side of the stat housing bud, and the only point on the system from memory..

Worth mentioning that some non-genuine stats need the cover modifying to let the stat sit flush, mine did, though once done it functions perfectly.

Apparently some of the genuine ones have this problem too...