ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Thermostat change and system bleed

Cupra, Fiesta ST2
I need to change the stat on my 197, I have seen some pictures and found where it is.

Is the change as simple as remove the intake pipes, 3 bolts off, change stat, and put back together?
Also what is the best method for bleeding the system after changing the thermostat?

Clio 172
Yep just held in by 3 bolts, just make sure the stat goes back in the same way it came out (I don't think it fits the wrong way, but just to make sure). To bleed just open the bleedscrew and fill until coolant starts flowing out of the bleed screw, close bleed screw then top up some more until there is some coolant in the expensation tank. put cap back on expension tank incase it pushes it out and start engine and give it a fast idle of ~2400rpm until cooling fan kicks in. I don't think you have to on the renos but I always put the heaters on in the car to make sure the matrix gets bled as well. Last thing to do then is top up the coolant to the max mark.