ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The White 172

5 gt turbo Raider & 172
Right it's about time I started to sort this Clio out, after being told about a misfire at 5k and the rear bumper cracked, it was other than these bits spot on! Well as always I found out different:

sunroof leaks
no central locking
no rear pads left (causing the rear discs to crack)
temp gauge needle missing and wired up to an aftermarket gauge
aux belt due
rear light issue..causing various problems
no heater fan working
engine fan wired upto a switch inside (which the rocker was broken on the switch)
weitec coilover platforms at the front have been beaten to death!
No rear boot opening (smoothed but not put to a switch or anything)
most of the dash had been painted White

well after a couple of weeks work and waiting for parts I've sorted the following:

dash is now all a standard colour
coilover sorted with new platforms
remote central locking sorted
misfire over 5k sorted
pads and discs all round sorted

I have dropped it a little lower now aswell to suit the new wheels, I will get some pics of it's current state in the morning

CLIO PH1 172
loved the look of this car when i saw it at ace cafe last month looks like its got potential what wheels you gone for 15's?

5 gt turbo Raider & 172
15's yeah, turbines in White they are, still needs some work but it's gettin there, pics to follow

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
I presume this is a conversion, due to it having a sunroof

5 gt turbo Raider & 172
Some pictures added

photo.jpg

photo-1.jpg

photo-2.jpg

photo-3.jpg

CLIO PH1 172
really like this car dash looks alot better than when i saw it lol sits on them turbines really well as well

TrackCar & F30 330d
That looks pretty cool mate.

I have a question to do with your engine fan switch. Is it an easy thing to do as i want to do it with my track car. Is it just a case of wiring it up to the connectors on the fan and putting a flick a switch?

5 gt turbo Raider & 172
That looks pretty cool mate.

I have a question to do with your engine fan switch. Is it an easy thing to do as i want to do it with my track car. Is it just a case of wiring it up to the connectors on the fan and putting a flick a switch?

If i'm honest you shouldnt need a switch for your fan (even on track) I only have this due to the way i got it, which i was'nt even told about the fan being on a manaul switch...net alone the switch being broken!

Basicly the wires in my mind were far too smaller current to feed the switch, I went to halfords to pick up some thicker core wire to change it..mind its only temp till i get around to sorting the normal procedure for the fan, I must of driven to date around 400 miles and ive not had to use the fan once

White Evo V
Lose the aftermarket headlights, bonnet spacers and the big hole in the bonnet and it will look mint IMO! Whats the paintwork like? Cant tell from the photos? Has it been painted well? I like the semi-smooth boot! :)

5 gt turbo Raider & 172
Oh right,

I've wanted to relocate my switches there for ages. Was that also done by the last owner?

I dont suppose you could get a photo of how they are mounted?

I might start relocating them tomorrow :)
Follow the door loom back to the underside of the dash and run it through the centre console, mine is just sitting next to the handbrake, it's not mounted to anything

5 gt turbo Raider & 172
Headlights are going next, paintwork is very good, it was a near bare shell respray just over a year and I've yet to fault it, awsome finish

TrackCar & F30 330d
Follow the door loom back to the underside of the dash and run it through the centre console, mine is just sitting next to the handbrake, it's not mounted to anything

Oh right ok. I will give it a go Sunday :)

Doors look a million times neater than mine lol

5 gt turbo Raider & 172

Yes it's down as it should be. I don't cut corners

mixed reviews on that thread, A few things have changed as you can see from that advert, still a few things to do, but I got it at a bargain price for it's condition, ok it's not a genuine 172 but there's not a great deal left of a dymanique.

There was no way 25k spent although not far off around 12k. I didn't spend that money so I don't care!

Evo 6, E92 320d
Lose the aftermarket headlights, bonnet spacers and the big hole in the bonnet and it will look mint IMO! Whats the paintwork like? Cant tell from the photos? Has it been painted well? I like the semi-smooth boot! :)

It has actually had a very good paint job, at least when i saw it local too me. Used to be ford asbo orange with a kombat kit (bibby bodystyling), was fast car featured a while back aswell.

5 gt turbo Raider & 172
Right small update: temp gauge now working from it's aftermarket gauge, need to sort the abs pick up on the rear... As the teeth on the new discs are bigger as aposed to the old ones? Does this mean it may have the dymanique abs still in situ?

If anyone has some standard lights to replace my angel lights then let me know