ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The Wheels are gettin there!

#001 172 Exclusive
Well my car has gone in for a re spray for the second time now i thought i'd get the wheels of for a tidy up and some new tires!
Here's how they started.....
16210070.jpg

16210071.jpg

16210072.jpg

16210073.jpg

16210074.jpg

16210075.jpg

16210077.jpg

Then i had them powder coated... wasnt happy....
14210024.jpg

14210025.jpg

So out came the prima and i had a crack myself...
14210027.jpg

14210028.jpg

14210029.jpg

14210030.jpg

14210032.jpg

14210033.jpg

whats everyone think???

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Christ! They didn't need refurbing much did they!

For a minute there I panicked and thought you painted them yellow.

#001 172 Exclusive
haha no thats filler prima! the powder coaters left them in a mess i wanted them gloss and they did them mat finished! so i couldnt put them on my car like that!

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
could you not have taken them back n asked them to sort it?

looks like you've done a good job though

BMW E46 330i Touring
Whilst I think you've done an excellent job, I'd be straight back to the powder coaters if I wasn't happy with the finish!

Still, looks glossy! Hope the finish lasts matey.

#001 172 Exclusive
yh i rang them back and he didnt really give a moo he just said i wouldnt get a gloss finish in silver which is balls if you ask me! think he thought he could palm me off cuz i'm a girl.... so i told him kiss mine and did them myself!

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
Pics on the car required.

Looks like a good little referb - I need to do similar on my exclusive wheels.

#001 172 Exclusive
i'll get some when i get it back not sure how long there goin have it last time it was 6 weeks! and.... they now have the right size tires on!

White Evo V
Nice job! You didnt need to primer them though unless you went down to bare metal?! Tbh I would of just grey scotched them and cleaned them up then gone over the top of their finish in clear 2k Laquer, alot less work!

421 Cammed 172
Very good effort, they've come out well. There's blokes on here who couldn't do that good of a job - lol

#001 172 Exclusive
how come you didnt take they tyres off and do the entire rim?
the tires were taken off to have them powder coated then they came back and i had new tires put on, then i wasnt happy with them so i just masked them up and did it that way

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
I think keeping it standard would be good. Specially considering its number1 :)