ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The Wee Blue 182

Clio 182
So having sold my M3 I was looking for something that wasn't going to be a boring run about and wanted something other than Honda or BMW for a change. Also something I could chuck about knockhill in the better weather of the new year.

Enter the Clio!

She's a full spec (I believe) double cup pack 75k Racing Blue 182 clio. Completely standard at the moment.

Plans are:

Trophy speedline wheels
decent michelin rubber
Some sort of short shift kit
New ktr exhaust (standards blowing near the back box)
Ktr induction kit
Rear arb

Keep it clean!

It's been and had it's belts and dephaser done as well as a break fluid change and major service at the same time to keep up her full history (thought BMW were pricey but renault don't seem that far off!)

Anyway will update from time to time before my money runs out

Any other worth while mods I've missed out, without getting ridiculous, give me your thoughts :)

Tr2OV9.jpg

gd1Nfu.jpg

Clio 182
Near corstorphine bud what about yourself? Is that a trophy you are driving? Looked at getting one before I seen this.

Clio 182
Also, not a huge mod but done this the other day....

Fabia splitter! 13 smackeroonies well spent

Le Before
0Ft9U6.jpg

Le after
DKFoOp.jpg

Golf Gti edition 30
Looks good ! :) Ive got cooksport springs,continental sport tyres and a btm exhaust on my racing blue 182.
Think it might have a rs tuner map aswell from a previous owner as its more responsive and drives alot better than my old trophy.
My car doesnt need anything else as absolutely love the way it drives.

Clio 197
Looks good mate!
Will hopefully see this around one day! Swear I never see any other RS Clios in Edinburgh

Clio 182
Btm exhausts replace the old yozza I believe? Still in two minds what exhaust to get to be honest. Don't want to break the bank so it's between the ktr janspeed or ultra.. Just need to decide what sounds best. Wouldn't mind a bit louder than standard!

Also what's the script with the rs tune? Seems like anything that can make it run a bit better is worth while!

I know I haven't seen many 182s at all to be honest

Clio 182
Well may as well update this.

Since having a full service and all the belts done and the dephaser etc there was a bit of engine noise that had came from nowhere... So another trip to the garage (and after an engine flush and more new oil) they realised the water pump had gave up with the tension of the new auxiliary belt!

So new water pumps now on and she's running sweet once more.

And just took delivery of this!...

e9DNrX.jpg

Thought id put some fresh hangers on there too
4CF2yl.jpg

Also bought 4 new michelin ps3s that I'm gonna sit in the garage till the old rubber/winter is over!

Will get some fresh pics up n all once it's all fitted :up:

Clio 182
Yeah totally happy with it. Standard one just doesn't cut it!

It's a ktr/janspeed... Went for the unsilenced 2.25 system... Glad I never went for a silenced one as it's not that loud at all to be honest... Perfect for driving about normally and a decent note higher up the revs

Near corstorphine bud what about yourself? Is that a trophy you are driving? Looked at getting one before I seen this.

I stay over the bridge but often work in the center of Edi. Not got the Trophy anymore but will probably get another one soon.

Clio 182
Not much of an update but got bored and took the original "Renault sport" badges off this afternoon....

Left a horrible bit of muck behind...

czYpsg.jpg

xbfS1g.jpg

Bit of elbow grease and some T-Cut rapid scratch remover and it was gleaming once more. On another note that stuff is the tits!

YcYD0D.jpg

Gonna be leaving that side as is now and replacing the clio badge with a "RS Renault Sport" effort

Clio 182
Not done much to be honest... Received some new rubber for the new year :up:

After the sale fell through of some premiums as they were "out of stock"... (And kind of relieved to be honest as my plasma decided to die so needed a new tv!) I was back on the hunt for tyres... This time price being a factor I opted for the rainsport 3s.. Heard mixed reviews but as I live in Scotland and it rains a lot... Gotta be worth a shot

LSkSRE.jpg

Will be getting a full proper valet once the worst of the weather is over so will finally have some better pictures to upload!

Clio 182
It's hard to keep the car looking shiney with the hurricane winds, rain, sleet, ice and salty roads 😞

Cheers bud

RS200, LY182, 172cup
Nice example pal love an rb, my mates and I are having a few track nights at knockhill this year would be cool seeing this on :up: