ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The VW Audi Skoda Seat Thread

My second GTI performance, had this one just over a year, 19 plate & manual 😎. Only had 8k miles when I took ownership.

plans over the next few weeks are full detail & ceramic coat.

IMG_3905.jpeg

IMG_3909.jpeg

IMG_3896.jpeg

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
My second GTI performance, had this one just over a year, 19 plate & manual 😎. Only had 8k miles when I took ownership.

plans over the next few weeks are full detail & ceramic coat.

View attachment 1659870
View attachment 1659871
View attachment 1659872

Excellent choice :cool:

I've had mine just over 3 months and have been driving around Europe these last couple of weeks, currently on my way home now.

I like the car, it does everything perfectly and I don't think I could replace it with anything as good, but it definitley feels like a tool. Previous cars like clios/megane/r53/m135 felt a little bit special, and this just doesn't, it's just a golf.

Andorra last week:

IMG_1225.jpg

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
Excellent choice :cool:

I've had mine just over 3 months and have been driving around Europe these last couple of weeks, currently on my way home now.

I like the car, it does everything perfectly and I don't think I could replace it with anything as good, but it definitley feels like a tool. Previous cars like clios/megane/r53/m135 felt a little bit special, and this just doesn't, it's just a golf.

Andorra last week:

View attachment 1659875

But that's is the GTI perfect all round car!

RSRowe

ClioSport Club Member
  Megane 250 Cup
T-reg V2. An Escape model this time with locking centre and rear differential.

The Escapes are quite rare but even more-so with air suspension and factory towbar. The only missing option which I would have liked is Dynaudio.

Going to be doing a bit of an overland type ‘build’ as and when funds allow.

IMG_8815.jpeg

RSRowe

ClioSport Club Member
  Megane 250 Cup
So my old man’s been doing the work on the above today.

The damaged DPF temp sensor and EGR pipes which have melted come to £559 from the dealer (the latter being on back order).

I didn’t contact the seller (business seller) originally as I couldn’t be arsed moaning over a leaking flexi (plus the exhaust system isn’t covered in any of the warranty documentation).
Obviously I’ll bodge the rubber lines but it’s an 8 year old car… I don’t expect something new, but at this point I think it’s taking the biscuit a little.

malcolmgt

ClioSport Club Member
  MK Golf GTI
Any MK5 GTI owners on here.

Looking to upgrade to either springs and struts or coilovers. I did look on the GTI forums but they are horrendous and CS answers all.

Any Recommendations?

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
Ei

Looking to upgrade to either springs and struts or coilovers. I did look on the GTI forums but they are horrendous and CS answers all.

Any Recommendations?

Eibach or H&R springs if shocks decent

Sj1782

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi s3 8p

Any Recommendations?
H&R 20mm springs with bilstein shocks or ap coilovers with ttrs top mounts seem to be the go to options

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member

Any Recommendations?

Check if Leon Cupra stuff will fit.

I know the Polo/Ibiza/Fabia stuff of that era is all interchangeable, the stock suspension on the sporty Seat's was Sachs, as stiff as any uprated aftermarket setup, and generally cheaper/better.

Mk8 GTi CS & Ph1
i wasn't overly keen on the optional 19s (adelaide) , but it was a prebuilt car with a date 3 weeks away rather than a 6 month factory order, I'm sure they will grow on me, there is possibility of a second set of 18s with semi slicks for trackdays

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
i wasn't overly keen on the optional 19s (adelaide) , but it was a prebuilt car with a date 3 weeks away rather than a 6 month factory order, I'm sure they will grow on me, there is possibility of a second set of 18s with semi slicks for trackdays

Looks great that! HVe sme wheels on mine really suit the car👍 the std wheels look utter shite🤣

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R

Aye VW lead times are insane. When i bought my Up GTi they offered me a slot for a Mk8 R, it was approximately 20 months away.😂

Cupra
Fully loaded with mm between the rear wheels and arches. Hopefully the winter tyres do their job as there’s no way snowchains are fitting in there.
Looking forward to the mountain roads tomorrow though.

IMG_4066.jpeg

RSRowe

ClioSport Club Member
  Megane 250 Cup
Snow things last month

IMG_9536.jpeg

Some off-roady things

IMG_9812.jpeg

And the first wash since purchasing at the start of October.

IMG_9809.jpeg

It’s better in every way compared to my LR, but I can’t stop myself from mooching through the D4’s on eBay every evening. I think there’s something wrong with me.

Touring_Rob

ClioSport Club Member
Snow things last month

View attachment 1674430

Some off-roady things

View attachment 1674431

And the first wash since purchasing at the start of October.

View attachment 1674432

It’s better in every way compared to my LR, but I can’t stop myself from mooching through the D4’s on eBay every evening. I think there’s something wrong with me.
Looks amazing on those wheels, your D4 also looked great on its wheels though.

When you say better in everyway your not including off road business are you? Both on the same tyres the disco has considerably better wading depth and attack angles, wheel articulation, basically every off-road metric the D4 is a fair margin ahead.

Don't know about the D4 but I find the D3 has a better on road ride than mates Touareg 🤷 althought the VW is miles faster!

RSRowe

ClioSport Club Member
  Megane 250 Cup
Looks amazing on those wheels, your D4 also looked great on its wheels though.

When you say better in everyway your not including off road business are you? Both on the same tyres the disco has considerably better wading depth and attack angles, wheel articulation, basically every off-road metric the D4 is a fair margin ahead.

Don't know about the D4 but I find the D3 has a better on road ride than mates Touareg 🤷 althought the VW is miles faster!
Ok, wading depth is where the Disco trumps it (580mm vs 700) but it’s not really something I ever plan on taking to its limit. Water scares me a lot.

Both cars are air suspension, are independent and have anti roll bars, so the articulation is basically the same from the limited off-roading I have done.
The Touareg comes with proper locking centre and rear diffs, whereas the Disco had just a locking rear which was an optional extra. The disco does have JLR’s terrain response though, and they’ve kinda been doing that for a long time

Touareg has a slightly smaller approach angle, but a better departure.

I think saying every metric ahead is wrong (much like me saying it’s better in every way), but consider the whole package. The engine and box are better, they don’t rust, the compressors and pumps don’t fail and or leak, and you don’t need to take the body off to replace the EGRs

D3 and D4 drive like tanks on the road, as opposed to this which is just like driving a big Golf. Most of them did come with coil springs, some with ‘low profile tyres’ and they do ride harder. If the D4 had the Touareg drivetrain and engine, it would be the best car ever.

Touring_Rob

ClioSport Club Member
Ok, wading depth is where the Disco trumps it (580mm vs 700) but it’s not really something I ever plan on taking to its limit. Water scares me a lot.

Both cars are air suspension, are independent and have anti roll bars, so the articulation is basically the same from the limited off-roading I have done.
The Touareg comes with proper locking centre and rear diffs, whereas the Disco had just a locking rear which was an optional extra. The disco does have JLR’s terrain response though, and they’ve kinda been doing that for a long time

Touareg has a slightly smaller approach angle, but a better departure.

I think saying every metric ahead is wrong (much like me saying it’s better in every way), but consider the whole package. The engine and box are better, they don’t rust, the compressors and pumps don’t fail and or leak, and you don’t need to take the body off to replace the EGRs

D3 and D4 drive like tanks on the road, as opposed to this which is just like driving a big Golf. Most of them did come with coil springs, some with ‘low profile tyres’ and they do ride harder. If the D4 had the Touareg drivetrain and engine, it would be the best car ever.

The VW V6 engine is a stormer and I didn't think about the box, the one I've driven was coils not air so not a fair comparison from me. I just see Discovery with knobbly wheels and my brain stops working due to how incredible they look.

Surprised your Disco didn't have a locking centre diff, my RR has a locking centre but open rear which like you say was an option.

Racky

ClioSport Club Member
  Minion Yellow
Anyone has any experience with EBC discs and pads ? Got a Superb 280 that is in real need for front and rear discs and pads, and I was looking at some EBC Turbo Grooved Discs with either Yellow stuff / green stuff pads . Not doing any track with it, just commuting and some fast B road driving maybe.

I was reading that green stuff is a mild upgrade for street, while yellow stuff is more aggressive, and wears the discs faster.

Touring_Rob

ClioSport Club Member
Green stuff should be avoided in my experience, barely better than OEM/regular pads. I've run the mini on yellow and blue stuff pads and both were ok, nothing to shout about but miles better than road pads on track, I personally haven't noticed horrific brake disk wear. I bought another set of front yellows for csf last year as the ones in the car have done 3 track days and 4k road miles, did Anglesey on them and they still don't look half worn 🤷‍♂️

Don't know anything about ebc discs but I find grooved discs a bit annoying due to the noise.

Me personally, unless you find you are fading brakes on the road I wouldn't bother and would put the money into something else.

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
I like Bluestuff. It needs a lot of pedal pressure to work on track, and wears reasonably quickly, but works well. Yellowstuff is the same but has worse cold bite and a bit less temperature tolerance.

No experience on the discs but I just use plain brembos from ECP or similar

Cookson

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk1 Audi TT 3.2 V6
Anyone has any experience with EBC discs and pads ? Got a Superb 280 that is in real need for front and rear discs and pads, and I was looking at some EBC Turbo Grooved Discs with either Yellow stuff / green stuff pads . Not doing any track with it, just commuting and some fast B road driving maybe.

I was reading that green stuff is a mild upgrade for street, while yellow stuff is more aggressive, and wears the discs faster.

I'd honestly just go OEM