ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The VR thread

Rich..

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf
It's awesome but needs a fairly top spec machine and is definitely :sick: inducing
I think I have my VR legs now, I already have a flight sim, Aerofly FS2, and have no problem with that, I tried positioning the camera outside of the plane and flying standing up when I was getting a bit bored, that made me feel a bit giddy but still managed to keep my dinner down.

Rich..

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf
You’re such a nauseating human being.

I’m not concerned about what games I’ll have because I’ll play it for 10 minutes then get bored. I’ll put it in the cupboard and play it for another 10 minutes in a weeks time. Etc.
Sounds like you need the Samsung Gear VR, can buy one for about £20 and it has loads of free content, games demos, rollercoasters etc, and you can do VR p**n on it too.

Rich..

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf
You’re such a nauseating human being.

I’m not concerned about what games I’ll have because I’ll play it for 10 minutes then get bored. I’ll put it in the cupboard and play it for another 10 minutes in a weeks time. Etc.
Did you get one in the end?

Recently got myself one, bought an aftermarket head strap for it, identical to the Oculus elite one but £15 instead of £50, it arrived today and wow what a difference, really shows how s**t the original strap is.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Did you get one in the end?

Recently got myself one, bought an aftermarket head strap for it, identical to the Oculus elite one but £15 instead of £50, it arrived today and wow what a difference, really shows how s**t the original strap is.
Yes mate, got the Oculus thing, the one with the biggest memory. Used it twice and not looked at it since. 😂

Rich..

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf
Yes mate, got the Oculus thing, the one with the biggest memory. Used it twice and not looked at it since. 😂
I already have a Rift S but love how this one just works on it's own, have you tried all the free demos like creed boxing and beat sabre? They're good fun, and guessing by your lack of use you've not discovered VR p**n?

Rich..

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf
Oh and whoever it was told you to buy the biggest one owes you £100, you definitely didn't need more than 64gb

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I already have a Rift S but love how this one just works on it's own, have you tried all the free demos like creed boxing and beat sabre? They're good fun, and guessing by your lack of use you've not discovered VR p**n?
No not yet. And there’s good reason… I’ve got a very addictive personality and I’m genuinely scared I’ll be on it all the time. Everyone I’ve spoken to says it’s amazing and I’m petrified it will ruin my life. 😂

Rich..

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf
No not yet. And there’s good reason… I’ve got a very addictive personality and I’m genuinely scared I’ll be on it all the time. Everyone I’ve spoken to says it’s amazing and I’m petrified it will ruin my life. 😂
Should try having VR p**n and a very laid back mrs like mine, she's quite happy to replicate what I'm seeing in VR, ultra immersive :LOL:

Rich..

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf
Couple of great free games on the Quest (these need to be sideloaded they’re not on the Oculus store).

Pavlov Shack - good fun in normal mode, scary asf in zombie mode

Gorilla Tag - simple but fun game, great for a work out, made me sweat buckets!

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Assetto Corsa makes me chunder in short order.

Doing flips and s**t in Flight Simulator? No problem.

Getting solid 80fps in Assetto. FS I could be down to 30-40fps and still not be queasy, so I feel like it’s motion or something. Any tips?

Rich..

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf
Assetto Corsa makes me chunder in short order.

Doing flips and s**t in Flight Simulator? No problem.

Getting solid 80fps in Assetto. FS I could be down to 30-40fps and still not be queasy, so I feel like it’s motion or something. Any tips?
I’ve never experienced it in a racing sim, but I had a Gear VR for my for my phone before getting a more serious set up and I think I got used to it on that, doing VR rollercoasters etc. It’s just something you gradually overcome I think, and also something that some people get worse than others, it maybe helped me that I actually liked getting it as for me it added to the experience, maybe I played through it?

The main thing I’ve seen mentioned to combat it is to have a fan blowing on you while you play, maybe try that.

F82 M4
Just bought a Valve Index purely for Half Life Alyx and then I'm going to sell it on. I've just played for 30 mins and jesus christ it's amazing... Problem though, I just nipped to the shop to buy some cigs and my head was totally ruined. I kept trying to move like I was doing in the game, which is like a teleport movement. I just totally felt disconnected with the world and it's still lingering a bit now. Does this feeling pass? It's weird as hell lol

Rich..

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf
Medal Of Honor Above and Beyond is getting released on the Quest 2 today. Oculus sent a 30% off code a week or so ago, but of course it expired 2 days ago so can’t use it on this, b******s.

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
I’m really enjoying VR now. Still really only playing racing and flight sims, but it adds a whole new layer of immersion.

I think I’m done with my Rift S though. The experience is good, but the resolution and field of view just isn’t good enough. I think the ultimate step will end up being a Pimax 8K X, or whatever succeeds it (likely, because that will be inside out tracking and therefore not need lighthouses), but those headsets give huge FOV and the resolution you need. I think everybody needs to at least try a decent VR experience, everybody I’ve let have a whirl has been blown away.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I ordered ‘The walking Dead, saints and sinners’ at Xmas and I can hand on heart say it’s the most stressful game I’ve ever played.
It’s terrifying. Both me and my son managed about 15 minutes before we had to take the headset off.
Its scary, it’s stressful, it’s gory… it’s one hell of a game but I’m far too weak for it.

Rich..

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf
I ordered ‘The walking Dead, saints and sinners’ at Xmas and I can hand on heart say it’s the most stressful game I’ve ever played.
It’s terrifying. Both me and my son managed about 15 minutes before we had to take the headset off.
Its scary, it’s stressful, it’s gory… it’s one hell of a game but I’m far too weak for it.
Get this for a nice relaxing change of pace.

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
My Reverb G2 arrived this morning. Not set it up yet but its primary purpose is to use with iRacing and my racing cockpit.

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
I got in from work this morning and decided to check out this Quest 2. I watched a few things on YouTube in 360 and I was pretty blown away.

Just had a go on some shooting game called sandstorm I think. It’s bloody amazing and I’m sure there’s far better games available.

All in all £300 well spent I think,

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
Err no I don’t think I will either 😂
200.gif