ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The TT stop-gap

TTRS & V50
So I have been looking for a stop gap for when I sell my S3 as I tend to buy privately and all my money is tied up in it. Was on the look out for a TT or a MCS or alike and found out my friend had a 225 for sale following a moaning tweet how no one understands what Full Service History means, ironically, this car is missing history. But hey.

I only plan to keep this until my S3 is sold and I buy my next car, not sure what I want yet... suggestions welcome. Do lots of mileage, but want it to be quick and luxurious... I think anyway. 987 Cayman, TTS, MK6/7 R territory.

While it's only a stop gap, it doesn't stop me getting it how I want.

Problems, 2 centre caps missing, drivers mirror stalk broken, overdue cambelt and haldex.

Next week I plan to book it in at APS to get the cambelt, waterpump and haldex oil all sorted. Then onto cosmetics, I would quite like the 18inch alloys from the facelift, what are these called ? RS ? Also would like the facelift lowering springs, are these a straight swap, or do I need dampers to accompany ? If the latter will probably go down the coilover route ?

Think that's about it bar the wing mirror stalk which I hope I can source from a scrappy.

Any way, here they are together. Photo is shocking as my iPhone has dust all over the lens.

iVw8LlOf_zpsjnot2hw9.jpg

P.S, The S3 is for sale if anyone wants it - http://www.cliosport.net/threads/my-s3.777435/

TTRS & V50
How is this looking now mate?
Much the same.
Changed the HU to an aftermarket one and that was a faff alone, swapping wires and getting an aerial amplifier.
-
Mechanical wise, it's had the works.
Got Cambelt, waterpump, AUX belt changed and a Haldex service.
While it was in they noticed a oil leak which was subsequently leaking onto the clutch. So it became a rather expensive visit, but now have peace of mind on clutch and flywheel being re-newed as they were about due anyway.

Will get some new pictures up soon.

TTRS & V50
I do agree. They are good cars. And I bang on about it, but they really do look good for their age. Mine is 17 years old and doesn't look close to that. The only let down are the wheels.