ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The Start of a Mini Adventure...

Tangoed Works
looking good. did you put on the brake cooling ducts yourself or was it done when you purchased it.

its a nice touch combined with the updated splitter.

Golf R
Nice tidy car Garath

Thanks Tony.. hope you and Mrs Tony are both well??

looking good. did you put on the brake cooling ducts yourself or was it done when you purchased it.

its a nice touch combined with the updated splitter.

the chap did it a few weeks before deciding to sell it... agree though that it looks good with the updated splitter, though it's a bit of a nightmare when parking in spaces with kerbs in front of you!

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Not for me mate.

Don't know what it is about new mini's they do nothing for me, although better than an s2k I think you could have found something better for whatever you paid.

All imo of course. ;)

Golf R
Sold it yet?

lol... nope it's only been 2 weeks! ;)

Not for me mate.

Don't know what it is about new mini's they do nothing for me, although better than an s2k I think you could have found something better for whatever you paid.

All imo of course. ;)

i couldn't find anything that really ticked that many boxes tbh... was all set for a Scirocco but the price put me off, plus as nice as it was, something just held me back from buying it. fancied an Edition 30 too but didn't dig the interior or the price again... i could have bought another Clio or even an R26 but been there and done that tbh and fancied a change.

Nice little car.

Whats the mpg like.I know the old s/c ones were bad on fuel.

on a run to Norwich I got 42mpg... on my commute to work i am getting a solid 38mpg... my 182 used to average about 34, the R27 would do 30 and the S2000 would do 28mpg.

even with some spirited driving at the weekend it's still low 30's

alien green rs133
Nice.. the torque steer is pretty bad on them so not sure about ideas of extra power!

the torque steer is alot worse on the supercharged models, they seem to have corrected it a bit with the facelift and turbo setup

my best mate has had both, and tbh i prefered the supercharged one, nicer interior and went like a rocket, just took some keeping out the ditch... as he found out, torque steered through a wall at 70 :eek: needless to say he got it ripped out of him for like 6 months lol

hutchie

Clio 182FF
Me pops had a diesel mini and that was bloody fun so I bet yours is even more fun to drive. ONLY thing i really didn't like was the accellorator... or was it the clutch? It was one long paddle thing and felt odd - I could never get the power right.

Golf R
Englebert said:
Nice.. the torque steer is pretty bad on them so not sure about ideas of extra power!

the torque steer is alot worse on the supercharged models, they seem to have corrected it a bit with the facelift and turbo setup

my best mate has had both, and tbh i prefered the supercharged one, nicer interior and went like a rocket, just took some keeping out the ditch... as he found out, torque steered through a wall at 70 :eek: needless to say he got it ripped out of him for like 6 months lol

hutchie

mine on the 18's doesn't seem at all bad... not as bad as my old 182 Trophy but agree probably not quite as good as a 197, but nonetheless it feels planted... more so than the one i test drove on 17's did anyway

Golf R
bit of a thread bump... i've been driving past these fields for a few days and thought what a good photo scene they'd make so tonight i made use of the nice weather and stopped for a few quick pictures whilst the gate to the field was wide open :)

almost lost my splitter getting in and out of the field as i underestimated how deep the tractor ruts were though! :rasp:

otherwise bar the mirror caps nothing much has changed with the car, just an excuse to share some pictures i took really...

DSCF3465X.jpg

DSCF3466X.jpg

DSCF3467X.jpg

DSCF3472X.jpg

DSCF3473X.jpg

DSCF3476X.jpg

DSCF3477X.jpg

DSCF3481X.jpg

Turbos.
One question... how do you rate the exhaust noise? Can you hear all of those pops and bangs? I do like the Mini, but want to be satisfied with a standard car without resorting to aftermarket exhausts for a bit of character!

Golf R
One question... how do you rate the exhaust noise? Can you hear all of those pops and bangs? I do like the Mini, but want to be satisfied with a standard car without resorting to aftermarket exhausts for a bit of character!

it's quite raspy at times... i quite like it but it could do with being louder to hear the bangs and pops more! in the back of the car it sounds a little boomy.

not bad, but room for improvement is my judgement