ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The Road so Far (Red Meg to Black Bean)

Ph2 172 (black bean)
Just thought I'd chart my renault story and explain how I ended up with the Black Bean.

I started my love affair with Renaults last year, I'd had 205 GTi's etc in my younger days but then when I had company cars it was all a little more sensible. That changed last year when moving jobs and no longer having a company car.

It was then free reign and I decided a Megane 225 Cup was on order.

CarPolish1.jpg

Phone033.jpg

A 55 plate with low miles, blueflame exhaust and spotloss. God I loved that car and I think it loved me!!

I treated it to a 7" touchscreen sat nav and Hard drive system with small sub and amp for quality sound and then a remap from Henk at Fastchip. The car was savage on acceleration and so good to drive.

Then it all went wrong. December 11th 2009 and a a knock at the door lead to armed raiders pointing a gun at my face and taking the keys. That was it, car gone and not seen since.

After some wrangling and issues with the insurance I got my payout with hopefully more to come depending on the financial ombudsman.

That left me with a dilemma, the house was up for sale but I needed something to replace the £350 R reg golf which was a stop gap.

Loads of things ran through my head, another Meg, a new meg 250 but then reality set in, dont want the same thing happening again so wanted something a little less appealing and also to pocket some cash ready for the house move.

It was then that the Clio came on to the radar, it was that or a Type R. Type R spec was cr*p and the clio had a certain appeal to it that the Type R didnt.

So with some cash I purchased the black bean from gasman15 off this site.

4fcef367.jpg

75aeb6fc.jpg

So with the subtle mods I had a base to start.

Green Cotton induction kit
New pipes/hoses
Revised splitter etc

So the plans for the future.

The car is down with JMS on the 26th March for the works package.
Remap
Manifolds matched
induction kit

Thinking about 17" alloys and also coilovers from JMS.

As things happen for the black bean I'll keep all updated.

200 Gordini
Very nice, bad news about the meg though.. They always go for hot hatches like meganes, astra vxr's, r32s etc.

Why it's called black bean then?

MK2PH2
Sorry to hear about the meg, the 'clio looks lovely though ;)

Plans sound good, personally i'd keep the 16's on but that's your decision.

Ph2 172 (black bean)
I'm thinking keep the 16's now as well but maybe change to some lightweight ones and also if there are any that are wider.

Tom any news on if I've still got time to order the coilovers ready for Friday?

Mk5 Ibiza Cupra
So these guys just turned up at your door at gunpoint and demanded the keys? Crikey :dead:
Shame about the meg... Clio looks awesome though!

Ph2 172 (black bean)
Yeah pretty much, A friday night 7.30ish and banging at the door. Left it for a minute and it continued. Went to the door and then through the glass had the gun pointed at me and told to open the door and give them the keys. Unfortunately I'm not Neo from the matrix so didnt think I could out run a bullet. Got pistal whipped and then had to hand the keys over. Bye bye car.

Now the Black Bean project.

320d
Really sorry to hear about the Meg mate. Its something you expect with BMW's, Mercs, Scoobies and Evo's but not a Megane.

Hopefully the 172 won't attract such attention, it looks good though.

200 Gordini
Really sorry to hear about the Meg mate. Its something you expect with BMW's, Mercs, Scoobies and Evo's but not a Megane.

Most of these types of cars have trackers though.

Why is it called black bean then? or am i just stupid lol

Audi TT 3.2
shame about the meg! have you heard anything of were it is now or thats it just gone?

nice 172 though!

Ph2 172 (black bean)
The black bean came from the misses, not sure if it does look like a bean but its black so I'll let her have that one.

No news about the meg, police said some plates were stolen from another one local a few days prior but the cars not been seen on any cameras since it was nicked.

Ph2 172 (black bean)
Pictures to be added soon of the work carried out by JMS.

V-Maxx coilovers and JMS works package.

125 mile trip back and very very impressed already.

Ph2 172 (black bean)
So after the trip to JMS on Friday and chance to clean the car here are a few pics of the progress so far.

5c9a6144.jpg

Slightly lower now with the coilovers, might go a little lower but handling is massive improvement (ta James)

f5e79b70.jpg

Engine with the new induction kit, manifolds matched and then mapped. Big improvement on performance and how the engine behaves.

1e35261a.jpg

Some nifty work by James at JMS, coilovers have really made a difference but I can still make it over speed humps as well!!!

91e2659a-1.jpg

Dont worry the induction kit and engine isnt this colour but thought it looked pretty nifty :D

66e083f3.jpg

c65d589b.jpg

8565ae28.jpg

79ed2e21.jpg

Finally a big thank you to these guys for the work so far.

Think next its going to be some new 16's, thinking speedlines after recommendation from James & Tom at JMS and then will have to see what the boys come up with from there. ;)