ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The Power PC Thread [f*ck off consoles]

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
OverClockers have some prices up, 4070 Super at £600, not bad at all.

4070Ti Super............a grand!?!?! A f**king grand!?!?!

They list a 4080 at the exact same price, to the penny!!!!!! What is it with the Ti card for the 4070 being terrible value for money?

hopgop1

ClioSport Club Member
We usually get shafted on prices in the UK, especially early on after launches. It's usually a $1=£1 conversion and I wonder if UK retailers don't get rebates for price cuts on existing stock, so keep the prices high initially to shift the existing stock. Or Overclockers just shaft everyone, probably the most likely story.

GiT

ClioSport Club Member
  Shit little Yaris...
We usually get shafted on prices in the UK, especially early on after launches. It's usually a $1=£1 conversion and I wonder if UK retailers don't get rebates for price cuts on existing stock, so keep the prices high initially to shift the existing stock. Or Overclockers just shaft everyone, probably the most likely story.
Scan are as bad at times.

G. Brzęczyszczykiewicz

CSF Harvester
ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Bought some active speakers so I don't have to use the appalling built-in speakers in my monitor. If I'm playing by myself I usually use headphones, but sometimes I let the kids play on there instead of through the TV and needed something less s**t.
1000028452.jpg

F82 M4
It's a block kitchen countertop that I had cut to length since it's 2.2m long

The legs are then just tapped into the bottom with long wood screws. Legs are from Hairpin Leg Co I think it was.

Hey mate. I'm thinking of doing the same as you for a new PC desk. Any bowing in the middle at all? What thickness did you get? I've seen a worktop which is 2000mm x 720mm x 27mm but was worried about it bowing in the middle a bit.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Hey mate. I'm thinking of doing the same as you for a new PC desk. Any bowing in the middle at all? What thickness did you get? I've seen a worktop which is 2000mm x 720mm x 27mm but was worried about it bowing in the middle a bit.
Hi mate, I got 40mm since I was having such a long desk with no middle support. The PC is directly over one of the legs though, so that helps

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Managed to pick the 4070Ti Super up with some Scan vouchers and leftover Christmas money.

I’m a slag for Strix cards so the 3080 Super wasn’t worth the extra for me (another £250 or so) Really happy with it.

Attachments

• 678EC407-18E5-4AD1-AA91-C782DB949349.jpeg
    678EC407-18E5-4AD1-AA91-C782DB949349.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 38
  • IMG_0891.jpeg
    IMG_0891.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 37
  F82 M4
New case set up recently, thoughts? I love it personally, but understand it's a complete gimmick

20240118_234354.jpg

20240129_124140.jpg

20240119_091041.jpg

20240129_120416.jpg

Just need a bigger desk now as it's all a bit crammed. It's currently 1.8m but I'm getting a 2.2m one soon,so should look a lot better.

If anyone is currently doing a build I have my old case for sale if you want it. It's this beaut - https://www.overclockers.co.uk/lian...ied-aluminium-full-tower-black-ca-77k-ll.html - Also comes with the vertical GPU mount which was an extra £50. I'm only after £100 for it all, £240 RRP! :)

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
I nearly went for the same case but the screen was just a little too OTT for me, hence went with the Lian Li XL Evo. Looks great though.

Cracking deal on the old case! I'm tempted even though I don't need a case! I have an nVidia RTX 3090 and 860W PSU for sale I could stick in there. 😂

F82 M4
Whoa, what's with the personal attacks folks!? :ROFLMAO:

I listen to absolutely everything except rap music. My playlist will go from Marilyn Manson and then on to Kenny Rogers, I f**king love it.

Willo40

ClioSport Club Member
  M135i
Guys, my lad is thinking about selling his PC, spec listed below, although i think it has another 16gb of ram now, hes looking for £750 shipped via carrier :-

1706794837879.png

He will probably be looking at selling is monitor as well with it is someone fancies both :-

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Very nice, have been considering a 4070 Super as well. Unless AMD pull their finger out and discount their current cards.

Willo40

ClioSport Club Member
  M135i
Guys, my lad is thinking about selling his PC, spec listed below, although i think it has another 16gb of ram now, hes looking for £750 shipped via carrier :-

View attachment 1678524
He will probably be looking at selling is monitor as well with it is someone fancies both :-

Scrub that, i am going to have this, fancied a PC for a while

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
I’m going for the ASUS ROG Ally.

Before I do, has anyone seen it cheaper than £500 anywhere? 👌🏻

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Needed to update my computer setup as my old Sidewinder keyboard was on the edge of losing its cable and the scroll wheel on my mouse was going on the blink.

Ended up going for a Keychron K10 Pro for the keyboard and M3 for the mouse, very happy with both.

Very tempted to get a Moza R9 with the ES wheel but I think that’s a bit much.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Any SSD recommendations for the Ally? 2TB ideally. An SSD and a carry bag and I’m good to go.