ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The Ph1 hit Nurburgring at the weekend

Renault 197
I took the Ph1 to the ring at the weekend, she done well.
The only thing she needed was more power!! But otherwise a good day.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    128.7 KB · Views: 101

John Gordon

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 2.0 RS 172 Ph1
Its sad how slow they feel wheezing up the hills right. Make up for it in some of the more technical sections though.

Renault 197
Your right, I was looking in my mirrors more than the windscreen, so many very fast cars there. Loved it though & now have the bug to go back.

John Gordon

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 2.0 RS 172 Ph1
Your right, I was looking in my mirrors more than the windscreen, so many very fast cars there. Loved it though & now have the bug to go back.

Same, I have been back twice now. I'm a sad b*****d and have been watching all my videos, looking at where I am going wrong, its become an obsession. I can't wait to go back and try new lines in new places.

Renault 197
It's all about keeping the cornering speeds up. I get 135+ out of mine in certain sections. Track knowledge is the key.

You're right there! I was about 110 on the straights, But having never driven the Ring I was fresh, plus I had to keep to the right a lot as a lot of fast M3,s on Sunday. So was off line. Did improve massively by my 6th lap. Missed out on 2 laps because track closed early from a crash..

John Gordon

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 2.0 RS 172 Ph1
It's all about keeping the cornering speeds up. I get 135+ out of mine in certain sections. Track knowledge is the key.

I hit an indicated 215 in the foxhole. Don't get near that on the main straight as it struggles up the hill. Picks up towards the first turn though as it starts going down hill, brave pills needed there with the bumps in the braking zone, s***s me up every time.

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
I hit an indicated 215 in the foxhole. Don't get near that on the main straight as it struggles up the hill. Picks up towards the first turn though as it starts going down hill, brave pills needed there with the bumps in the braking zone, s***s me up every time.
Yeah that's one of the places I'm cracking 135+ mate. I'm still at 130+ in the compression then getting ready to brake for Adenauer Forst.

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Haha, I've already watched you, At least twice too.. Good driving. Got some rubbing going on too.
The track seems empty compared to Sunday..
how many laps you done now?
Yeah no more rubbing now mate. It'll be a totally different animal for next year as well with an 8:15 being the target time.
I just picked the right time to go out and do a few laps really.

In terms of total laps I've done upwards of 350-400 and around 1500 on the ps2. Lol!

Renault 197
Yeah no more rubbing now mate. It'll be a totally different animal for next year as well with an 8:15 being the target time.

In terms of total laps I've done upwards of 350-400 and around 1500 on the ps2. Lol!

I've done about 300 laps on PS3 & 6 laps on the ring, haha, so not as much..
It's those 3 blind bends towards the end that were scary..
I will be returning that's for sure.
On my Gopro my time was 12:53.. So I'll aim for 10mins next time. ;)
Good driving & shows you've practiced.

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
I've done about 300 laps on PS3 & 6 laps on the ring, haha, so not as much..
It's those 3 blind bends towards the end that were scary..
I will be returning that's for sure.
On my Gopro my time was 12:53.. So I'll aim for 10mins next time. :wink:
Good driving & shows you've practiced.
Best advice I can give is to take a steady lap round and look for the white spots painted on the track mate. They're all the turn in points, apex and exits for the correct lines. Then after that it's all about real world practice. :up:

Ph1 track slag

400 laps!!..that's an achievement in itself!

That "little" cup looks to be going very well.

Renault 197
Cheers for the advice, I'll watch you vid again & try & spot the marks.
I've done many track days & do well, but the Ring is where I need to be.
Cheers

172 Ph1
First time I've seen you in the cup Mark , video was mega , I'm jealous of your heel and toe skills , as you know I have the plate fitted to my throttle pedal now and I'm still trying to master it. You make it look so easy mate .
Good drive that , I'll def watch it again [emoji2]

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
400 laps!!..that's an achievement in itself!

That "little" cup looks to be going very well.
Lol yeah suppose so! Not bad for 170hp!
Cheers for the advice, I'll watch you vid again & try & spot the marks.
I've done many track days & do well, but the Ring is where I need to be.
Cheers
no problem mate. Yeah I'm the same - I'd rather do the 'ring than any UK tracks tbh. Offers such a unique challenge.

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
First time I've seen you in the cup Mark , video was mega , I'm jealous of your heel and toe skills , as you know I have the plate fitted to my throttle pedal now and I'm still trying to master it. You make it look so easy mate .
Good drive that , I'll def watch it again [emoji2]
Cheers mate. There's another video there from oulton last year on my channel.
Got loads of ring lap footage still to upload but it's having the time!

Renault 197
Lol yeah suppose so! Not bad for 170hp!
no problem mate. Yeah I'm the same - I'd rather do the 'ring than any UK tracks tbh. Offers such a unique challenge.

I was thinking when is the best time to go? They evenings, but it's a long way to go for an evening.
Maybe a week off work & stay there for 7 days. Better get saving.

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
I'll find you and subscribe
I've got one video from inside the wheel arch shoeing the r/c hubs in action that I need to upload at some point. Lol!

I was thinking when is the best time to go? They evenings, but it's a long way to go for an evening.
Maybe a week off work & stay there for 7 days. Better get saving.
I've found it to be quiet when there's a big event on at the gp circuit mate. Sounds daft, but people just shy away.
I used to go there for a 7 day break! Flol!

Renault 197
I've got one video from inside the wheel arch shoeing the r/c hubs in action that I need to upload at some point. Lol!

I've found it to be quiet when there's a big event on at the gp circuit mate. Sounds daft, but people just shy away.
I used to go there for a 7 day break! Flol!

That's my sort of break! You prob right about a big event, I'll have to sort something out soon.
Have you seen this?
This was about a minute ahead of me.
How that Megane missed the BMW I don't know!!