ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The order 1886

A SHED!
Just bought this and the graphics are impressive. That's it. The gameplay is slow, linear and there are far too many cutscenes. Controllability of the character is awkward and storyline is baffling and badly thought out. Thought I'd share my opinion before any goes and wastes money like I did. 3/10 for me. Another heap of sh*t "for the players"

Jonnio

ClioSport Club Member
  Punto HGT Abarth
Just bought this and the graphics are impressive. That's it. The gameplay is slow, linear and there are far too many cutscenes. Controllability of the character is awkward and storyline is baffling and badly thought out. Thought I'd share my opinion before any goes and wastes money like I did. 3/10 for me. Another heap of sh*t "for the players"

Cheers for the warning lol. Was dubious!

GTA for life.

Yaris Hybrid
I am absolutely loving it.

If you suffer from ADHT then yeah go play COD - games already cater to those people.

But I just loved taking my time, looking around, admiring all the art work, listening in to conversations. I even enjoy reading the newspapers you pick up.

About halfway through now I guess and I don't regret buying it at all. One of the best games I've played for a while but then I am now late 30's and not your average hyperactive 17 year old.

It's for the people who liked games such as Beyond Two Souls, Gone Home, Vanishing of Ethan Carter etc. If that isn't you then don't buy it. As I say go play COD, Counter-strike or Gears of War.

By the way I LOL at people complaining about the price when they p*ss £80 up a wall in town on a Saturday night. Buy it, finish it, trade it in and you pay £30 in total for 8 hours of quality game.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
I was looking at this until I read a few reviews. 8 hours from start to finish including all of the cut scenes, that's with replaying certain sections.
Zero replay-ability to it, no online etc. I imagine there will be some DLC available in the next month or so which will give you another hour.

£50 for 8 hours, 12 if you spend ages looking at the pretty graphics and getting killed a lot, is a lot of money.

I paid £22.50 this afternoon for BF4 premium because I'll actually put hours into that, and even if I only play the campaign, at 22.50 it's pretty cheap.
Tomb Raider is £12 too.

So far there have been very few games that are worth the money for the new consoles imo.

Yaris Hybrid
I bought plenty of games that I played for a few hours and thought "this sucks, I'm done" and that was it.

Dragon Age Inquisition, Dark Souls, AC Unity, Watch Dogs, Destiny, Alien Isolation were all games I lost interest in rapidly. Doesn't matter if they have 40 hours of content if I get bored and quit after 5. If I go through my Steam collection or look at achievements on XBL/PSN I can see hundreds of games that were full price and into which I put less time than I have into The Order already because I simply didn't enjoy them.

So for me to even play 8 hours is a bonus as most games bore me prior to that point. I find it odd that the CS Millionaires club have an issue with paying £30 (once its traded in) though. If I wasn't off work on leave that would be four nights of entertainment which at less than a tenner a night is unbeatable.

£47 I paid and my brother popped up this afternoon and liked what he saw so much that he offered £20 on the spot to have it when I'm finished. So yeah £27 cost to me. Easily worth that money to me as I've been thrilled with it so far. Blows a hundred odd other hyped up games out of the water on the VFM scale. Depends what genre you like though. I think too many people thought it was a cover shooter when really the shooting segments are few and far between.

Ahh yeah I guess that's true, didn't think of that.

8 hours of good enjoyment, vs an hour or 2 and then never playing again xD

But even so, doesn't present itself as value for money, even if it's a good 8 hours sadly :(

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
I had such high hopes for this. Definitely one of the prettiest console games to be released as yet but the gameplay, for me at least, is dire. Working in computer graphics and visuals I am mightily impressed with what I see... but I was hoping it would be a game that I could get engrossed in. Sadly that is not the case.

A SHED!
If I had to compare it to anything. It's heavy rain cutscene style, with a badly controlled assassin creed element thrown in with a re4 viewpoint and finally, a sort of uncharted multiplayer element for the gun shoot outs. Don't get me wrong. The graphics are superb and really show what the ps4 can do. Shame really.

Goliath I
Read a numerous reviews and pretty much panned by everyone, except for one PS reviewer who spent most the time trying to justify his positive comments.