ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The next iPhone/iPad; speculation thread.

What's your plan of action?

• Total voters
  Mini JCW
A bit disappointed at the 'upgrades' to the MBP and MBA tbh :(

Might consider a Sony Vaio Pro Z ultrabook instead.

Mini JCW
Don't - the other half and I made that mistake a few years back. Never again. Sony has gone downhill.

The one thing that put me off was the flex in the carbon fibre chassis. Just wish Apple had added retina display into the MBA lineup then it'd have been a no brainer!

An orange one
Walked into O2 in carlisle today and traded in my 5 for a 5S 64 in gold. They had 1 in stock, picking it up tomorrow at 11am :)

An orange one
Lol nothing exciting mate!

Tbh I was suprised, the trade in price on my 5 more than covered the remainder of my contract. So I was starting afresh,

5S is £149 and £42 x 24 on refresh, or £249 and £37 x 24.. Haven't decided yet

An orange one
Its so subtle, almost looks like the silver one most of the time, very classy looking thing!

Lets hope its better made than the 5 has been, ive had 3 in a year now :(

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
What colour Air are you getting, Bentone?

I can't decide.

Space grey.

On a side note, I'm getting epic battery life from the five
9epu3yta.jpg

Had an email at work friday which gives me 30% off O2 tarrifs per month. Brings the overall cost to less than giffgaff & buying simfree.

It does all depend on how much data I need whether I do it or not. Currently doing a week long test to see how much data I do use!

dk

911 GTS Cab
I'm flying from heathrow to New York on Friday, can't decide whether to get one in dixons or try and get one from the apple store in NY, have capitulated that a 64gb is £480 in NY and you'll probably get about 10-15 saving in dixons over rrp, so that would be about £545.

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d
I'm flying from heathrow to New York on Friday, can't decide whether to get one in dixons or try and get one from the apple store in NY, have capitulated that a 64gb is £480 in NY and you'll probably get about 10-15 saving in dixons over rrp, so that would be about £545.

I'm going to Los Angeles with work on 4th Nov, so was also thinking of buying one while I was over there or at dutyfree in Heathrow.

Still not totally confident on this 'worldwide warranty' thing as there are varying reports on Google and if you get busted coming back, you'll be taxed on it, making it more expensive, so Dixons might be a better option, plus you get a UK charger.

dk

911 GTS Cab
I'm going to Los Angeles with work on 4th Nov, so was also thinking of buying one while I was over there or at dutyfree in Heathrow.

Still not totally confident on this 'worldwide warranty' thing as there are varying reports on Google and if you get busted coming back, you'll be taxed on it, making it more expensive, so Dixons might be a better option, plus you get a UK charger.
Remember it's not duty free, it'll only be a few pounds cheaper than from apple as the margin on apple products is pants, we sell them through work and retailers hardly make any money, hence why they are never cheaper.

Also, in the us, you need to add the tax on for the state, New York is 7% which makes it $750 and I used the current exchange rate of 1.56.

As say say though, uk charger, although it will only be the bit that slides on, which I would use from my older iPad, I notice they are now 12w rather than the 10w mine has.

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d
i had a nightmare when i wanted to return the ipad for a refund when i bought one in vegas. "you need to take it back to the store you bought it from"

Yeh good one!!

This is my concern... LA is a long way from home LOL

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d
Remember it's not duty free, it'll only be a few pounds cheaper than from apple as the margin on apple products is pants, we sell them through work and retailers hardly make any money, hence why they are never cheaper.

Also, in the us, you need to add the tax on for the state, New York is 7% which makes it $750 and I used the current exchange rate of 1.56.

As say say though, uk charger, although it will only be the bit that slides on, which I would use from my older iPad, I notice they are now 12w rather than the 10w mine has.

Yeah, I know they're not truly duty free from the airport, but it's cheaper than buying from the high street

How much is local tax in Los Angeles? This is something I hadn't realised...

I'd be wanting a 32GB iPad Air in Space Grey, which is $599 (£370), how much will actually cost me?

This makes the margin lower and less appealing

dk

911 GTS Cab
Yeah, I know they're not truly duty free from the airport, but it's cheaper than buying from the high street

How much is local tax in Los Angeles? This is something I hadn't realised...

I'd be wanting a 32GB iPad Air in Space Grey, which is $599 (£370), how much will actually cost me?

This makes the margin lower and less appealing
It's 9% I believe (people often forget about this when comparing us and uk prices....) and the price in dixons at the airport is likely to only be 10-15 pounds cheaper, there's very little discount.

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d
It's 9% I believe (people often forget about this when comparing us and uk prices....) and the price in dixons at the airport is likely to only be 10-15 pounds cheaper, there's very little discount.

Ta :approve:

Narrows the gap between the US & UK price, plus sods law I'd get busted bringing one back LOL

Thing is, will Dixons actually have any by Monday, I might just buy one on Friday then I can actually use it on the trip, decisions decisions...

AK

M240i
I was considering purchasing one in Abu Dhabi but couldn't find definitive prices/work out how much cheaper they'd be.

Mini JCW
I can't decide between a MBP w/Retina, i5, 8GB RAM and 128 SSD or MBA (non retina), i7, 8GB RAM and 128 SSD :(.

Nice chunk off both with HE discount though :)

Mercedes
I went for the Sheikh spec gold, I've noticed the battery is better than my 5. TBH there isn't much difference it's just 15-20% better in a few areas