ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The next iPhone/iPad; speculation thread.

What's your plan of action?

• Total voters

AK

M240i
Yup, EE.

Anyone had luck tethering over wifi though? I had a problem with my 4S and fixed it but the same thing isn't working with the 5S. Tethers fine over USB, but over wifi it says it cannot connect after the passcode is entered :(

Ive got EE too, might have a gander at the documents.

Wifi works on mine ok.

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
Spent some time looking at the 5S and 5C today. Both are really nice and are definitely worth upgrading to from a 4 or 4S but you'd have to be silly to chop in a 5 for one.

Wow. Vodafone service, as per. Couple of days later both new phones arrive. 5S for me and new 4S for dad. Sweet and thanks to a certain worker! Massive thanks!

Although I've just realised every single iPhone charger is now totally useless. Fudge.

Best thing to buy? Load of new leads?

AK

M240i
You get a really annoying message on the phone everytime you charge it if you plug in with eBay cheapo chargers. Well the ones I've bought anyway.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
I bought a load of microusb to lightning adapters from CEX

Ok so they are £10
Each but microusb cables are cheap

I bought a load of microusb to lightning adapters from CEX

Ok so they are £10
Each but microusb cables are cheap

Sorry, Tom - not sure I understand. Presume for my use I just need to buy a load of standard USB to lightning? As I already have quite a few iPhone 4/4S/iPad 2 plugs?

ge5abedu.jpg

2yhyga3e.jpg

Sweet.

Wow that's fast.

So how do you utilise that speed?

I'm not sure I can say I really will. But it worked out as no cost for the phone and no increase on what I already spend per month. 4S with the amount of apps and useage was getting slow, especially with iOS7, so, since Voda have now launched 4G, I thought why not. As mentioned earlier, I didn't go with the 5 when it came out as the larger screen and speed was of no interest. That was the first time I really didn't see a reason to be a fanboi and upgrade on launch day.

Ha, no. See above. Unless you count texting Waitey pictures of cats more speedily to freak him out p**n?

Fair enough.

It's when you see people you are all 'ZOMG 4G!!! The speed!!!'

And I just say.....yeh so? why?

It's like having broadband on the go. Having said I wouldn't use it, I downloaded a large Spotify playlist for offline use on the walk to the tube (Vodafones 4G packages come with a premium account). So that was pretty impressive.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
You get a really annoying message on the phone everytime you charge it if you plug in with eBay cheapo chargers. Well the ones I've bought anyway.

The sneaky b******s put in some software in iOS7 to detect non genuine chargers/adapters and not accept a charge from them.

Thats two useless 30 pin to lightening adapters I have now

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
Since release and stock is low in applesotres, has anyone ordered a 5S when it says dispatch in october? Anyone received one via the apple store yet or had a better estimate of a delivery date?

Went to apple store today but sold out. Unsure if it is worth waiting for stock in store or just order via apple website.

Lou

Since release and stock is low in applesotres, has anyone ordered a 5S when it says dispatch in october? Anyone received one via the apple store yet or had a better estimate of a delivery date?

Went to apple store today but sold out. Unsure if it is worth waiting for stock in store or just order via apple website.

I had originally ordered via apple store just after midnight on release day but was saying the 7-10 October for delivery. I ended up ordering from CPW and got it on Monday. Not sure what CPW stocks are like now though!

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Seen my mates grey 5s the other day. It looked nice etc but I now feel I'd be wasting money by upgrading from my 4s when it's not even broken etc.
boring aren't i

dk

911 GTS Cab
The 4g stuff is a joke really, let's give people 30mbps download speed, and then limit them to 1gb of data per month, oh yeah, thanks.

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d
Seen my mates grey 5s the other day. It looked nice etc but I now feel I'd be wasting money by upgrading from my 4s when it's not even broken etc.
boring aren't i

LOL nope, same position as me, my 4S is still in perfect condition, good battery life and runs iOS7 great, which is why I haven't rushed out to upgrade

Will see how I feel in a few weeks...

dk

911 GTS Cab
My EE contract is 3GB.
That's still s**t, that's about 15 mins of downloading at that speed....

it would only be useful if you tethered and had a decent amount of download limit, like 10gb plus.

Its not not going to make web pages appear faster on your phone really.

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
The sneaky b******s put in some software in iOS7 to detect non genuine chargers/adapters and not accept a charge from them.

Really?

So my anker external battery won't work with my apple cable?

AdDaMan

ClioSport Club Member
i got the 64gb gold 5s and its good. Not a massive improvement over the 5 but the battery is much better which is the main thing :)

AK

M240i
The sneaky b*****ds put in some software in iOS7 to detect non genuine chargers/adapters and not accept a charge from them.

Still charges mine, but just displays that message.

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d
Lads at work having the same problem, hit & miss as to which cheapo eBay cables work, some just don't charge, others charge with the message, one just works, totally random!

Golf gti ed30+bmw m3
The 4g stuff is a joke really, let's give people 30mbps download speed, and then limit them to 1gb of data per month, oh yeah, thanks.

This is exactly why i refuse to upgrade as I'm still on an original iPhone tariff with unlimited data, makes more sense to just buy each new phone outright, they have gone backwards in this aspect.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR

it would only be useful if you tethered and had a decent amount of download limit, like 10gb plus.

Well mine's 8Gb :) and check out the speed I got the other day!

646959607.png

Clio 1.2 16V
What's the 5S battery like compared to the 4S?

Everyone I know with a 5 moans about battery life being poor and worse than their 4 or 4S

Right now I've had some time to use it lol!. Much better compared to my 4S but that had gotten pretty shocking tbh(but was improved a bit with iOS 7), which usually didn't last a whole day with light use! With the 5S Im getting just under 50% battery left whereas my 4S would be dead with the same amount of use.

BMW E46 330i Touring

I'd have thought that the actual data you download won't change from current (assuming your habits remain the same) but the time taken to download would speed up? So 3GB now will still be 3GB then, you'll just be downloading for less time?

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
I'd have thought that the actual data you download won't change from current (assuming your habits remain the same) but the time taken to download would speed up? So 3GB now will still be 3GB then, you'll just be downloading for less time?

No, he is saying that it will take 15 mins of constant downloading to use up your data limit. I am getting internet speeds as fast as my home broadband ~60Mbps so it is highly believable.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD

Really?

BMW E46 330i Touring

Helpful, thanks. The question marks indicate I'm asking a question, as in seeking clarification from people that may be more knowledgeable than myself on such a subject.

If I use, say 1GB, over the course of a month currently and then download the exact same data next month on 4G, my assumption would be it would still mean I'd be using 1GB but just getting it all quicker. Obviously I'm wrong.