ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The next iPhone/iPad; speculation thread.

What's your plan of action?

• Total voters
  VW ID.3
So do I just order the 5S online 8 o clock Friday morning and it arrives when it arrives or do I see if I can pick one up from an Apple Store and get it there and then? What's everyone's else's tactics?

fiesta 1.25
So do I just order the 5S online 8 o clock Friday morning and it arrives when it arrives or do I see if I can pick one up from an Apple Store and get it there and then? What's everyone's else's tactics?

I thought it was 12pm online. I was going to go straight to apple store in morning then try CPW and o2 and if not order online at 12pm but if its 8am online then not sure.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Well mine has a few blemishes on the case, but is only a 4 month warranty replacement. Have all the original accessories still in box because I used the ones that came with my work phone :eek:

I'll go take a quick look at the prices to buy a new handset outright and weigh up my options.

So what's the deal with this 5S then. Is it worth the bump from the 4S? Still going over in my mind. Last list of reasons to upgrade didn't do much, so just renewed, got a new 4S with a 12 month warranty and sold the old one...

Larger screen, meh - I don't movie/game.
4G - presume the S will handle Vodafone's 800mhz frequency?
Quicker - only when you compare it to the 4/S.. wouldn't know until I used it and changed back...

Am I missing any other major factors?

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
So what's the deal with this 5S then. Is it worth the bump from the 4S? Still going over in my mind. Last list of reasons to upgrade didn't do much, so just renewed, got a new 4S with a 12 month warranty and sold the old one...

Larger screen, meh - I don't movie/game.
4G - presume the S will handle Vodafone's 800mhz frequency?
Quicker - only when you compare it to the 4/S.. wouldn't know until I used it and changed back...

Am I missing any other major factors?

I'm considering it from a 5, so from a 4s, yessir.

Camera should be leaps and bounds better, specs certainly suggest so, overall speed, even on a 5, 4s' feel steam powered so I can't imagine how this'll make it feel.

I'm considering it from a 5, so from a 4s, yessir.

Camera should be leaps and bounds better, specs certainly suggest so, overall speed, even on a 5, 4s' feel steam powered so I can't imagine how this'll make it feel.

Chatoverbeeryessir.

dk

911 GTS Cab
i don't believe there is any stock, anywhere, or maybe 2 for the whole of the uk.

im not sure why they haven't got any stock, but they just don't i don't believe, hence why there was no pre-order.

BMW E46 330i Touring
i don't believe there is any stock, anywhere, or maybe 2 for the whole of the uk.

im not sure why they haven't got any stock, but they just don't i don't believe, hence why there was no pre-order.

You think there are no 5s' in the country? Surely more likely is they suspected less demand this time around so prevented pre-ordering the 5s to force people into queues so they can still keep the PR up.

There has to be stock. Phones 4 U have said all stores will have stock. http://www.uswitch.com/mobiles/news/2013/09/iphone_5s_5c_phones_4u_refutes_talk_of_stock_shortage/

Plus, people are already queuing outside Apple stores, would be unfair to allow that.

I'm tempted to buy online, but might have to wait weeks for delivery?! Or try Phones 4 U over the weekend.

Last edited:

Herr Flick

aka Herman Ze German
Lol the fan boys would be gutted after queuing all night.

i can't wait to get one, just wish apple and samsung would build a phone together. Love some things on the s4 but the whole experience of iOS is so much better.

dk

911 GTS Cab
got an email from o2 today, said you can buy the 5c tomorrow, and you can order a 5s from tomorrow, nothing about being able to actually get a 5s tomorrow.

i also read a news report saying there were major stock issues in the US too.

dk

911 GTS Cab
man from phones 4 u mentions iPhone stock, but nothing about 5s.......

Hooton said: “Apple mania has truly taken a firm grip on the nation this week, so we are extremely pleased to be putting five times more iPhone stock into store for launch, compared to any other year before, which will help enable us to meet this demand from our customers.“We are also proud to announce that we anticipate to have iPhone stock available in every Phones 4u store across the UK at launch this Friday, as well as over the launch weekend.
“This is great news for all those iPhone fans who are wanting to get their hands on the latest smartphones from Apple!”
strange that they'd get 5x the number they usually get and everyone else is saying they have no stock and need to wait.

shiftspark

ClioSport Club Member
  R53 GR86
Seems strange that they will let people queue esp if they have no 5s stock ? seen on another forum people going to Trafford center at 5am!

dk

911 GTS Cab
i think the main apple stores have them, but they seem to be the only ones, so stock was concentrated there, they had to have them in stock there though otherwise it would have been a joke.

shiftspark

ClioSport Club Member
  R53 GR86
I think I wil call in after dropping the kids at school, when the 3gs came out there was a queue at 7 am but I went to the orange shop and no one was waiting.

Something isn't quite right with the 5S. As you say, the statement doesn't actually state which iPhone.

I do wonder whether it'll be a repeat of the white 4, which took ~6months?

Hopefully ordering online will state a delivery estimate. Apparently Australia's iPhones went on sale earlier today, with a 7-10 day estimate.

dk

911 GTS Cab
doesn't seem to be the same buzz on here around the launch, normally loads of people are getting them as soon as they are available, just doesn't seem to be anyone interested in the 5s?

the 5c's are available, the 5s have a component constraint, but it made sense to launch both together i guess.

fiesta 1.25
doesn't seem to be the same buzz on here around the launch, normally loads of people are getting them as soon as they are available, just doesn't seem to be anyone interested in the 5s?

the 5c's are available, the 5s have a component constraint, but it made sense to launch both together i guess.

so are they not available in apple store in morning? there will be lots of disappointed people. I've ordered online because im not that bothered like i have been with every previous iPhone

dk

911 GTS Cab
there will be some instore, how many, nobody really knows, but the stock would have bee concentrated at those stores to make sure apple don't look like tw*ts

fiesta 1.25
I'm debating wether or not to go around 11 to see if I can get one on the day aswell. If I can't ill just wait till my order arrives

This launch has confused me tbh. I had an email from Carphone warehouse at 11.45 last night saying "order online at midnight".

Why the lack of info?

I don't think I'll order online (due to 7-10 day delivery), and chance it over the weekend to find a store.

Last edited:
  VW ID.3
I got an email from apple at 1:01 this morning saying I could order now, luckily I just woke up and checked, my order is being processed and say 7-10 working days for delivery.