ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The New Phone Thread

MatthewR

ClioSport Club Member
Still love my S8+, got an alcantara case for it for Christmas which is amazing. Makes it so much nicer to hold

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Still love my S8+, got an alcantara case for it for Christmas which is amazing. Makes it so much nicer to hold
I'll be replacing my S6 with the S8+ at the end of the month.

Is there any good deals out there, I'm on EE.

MatthewR

ClioSport Club Member
I'll be replacing my S6 with the S8+ at the end of the month.

Is there any good deals out there, I'm on EE.

I'm the worst person to ask about good deals, I pay £45 a month for 10gb of data and unlimited everything else.. still I'm happy and it's less than I paid before.

That's EE by the way.

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
I'm the worst person to ask about good deals, I pay £45 a month for 10gb of data and unlimited everything else.. still I'm happy and it's less than I paid before.

That's EE by the way.
That's good, I went into my local ee store the other day to see if there was any January sales and they wanted £55.

Herr Flick

aka Herman Ze German
If anyones interested, just picked up a Pixel 2 XL from CPW as they have £130 off all Pixel 2's

That's EE by the way.
£15/month for 12gb and unlimited everything else as sim only. To add a phone to it, it would cost £55+/month and for 2 years not 12 months.

MatthewR

ClioSport Club Member
If anyones interested, just picked up a Pixel 2 XL from CPW as they have £130 off all Pixel 2's

£15/month for 12gb and unlimited everything else as sim only. To add a phone to it, it would cost £55+/month and for 2 years not 12 months.
So did I get a good deal. Saying that I'm not bothered tbh, I'm happy at what I pay and can justify it with the phone being in my hand all day every day through work or personal use

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
Any input on the ASUS ZenFone 4 Max?

Don’t want an expensive phone and seems pretty decent for the cost.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member

Seen you recommend this a few times, Is it good?

Just thought the battery life and camera specs seemed impressive on the Asus.

I’m rolling with an iPhone 5s still so I’m sure any newer phone will feel lightning quick compared to this.

BMW M4; S1000 RR
Seen you recommend this a few times, Is it good?

Just thought the battery life and camera specs seemed impressive on the Asus.

I’m rolling with an iPhone 5s still so I’m sure any newer phone will feel lightning quick compared to this.

Yeah, the Moto G phones are great budget options. The shame is when you want a good camera, I didn't think much of anything short of the flagships.

FWIW I went from a 5S to a Mogo G4 and was amazed at the speed increase. I don't play games on phones, just web, video and text stuff.

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
This mad little Kodak might be worth a look for it's camera? Only £99

KEKTRA-SEB-EUR-KN_4_4041022_LargeProductImage.jpg

Looks like someone's attempted to strap a digital camera to a phone?

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
True to form I’ve ignored the advice and gone for the Asus ZenFone4 Max, Same processor as the G5, but better battery and camera apparently but lower screen resolution.

Not expecting to be super wowed but at £150 I’m hoping it’ll do the job.

Just got to wait for it to turn up now.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
I picked up a Pixel 2 XL at the weekend...I'm liking it so far, they've taken the 6P I had before and basically fixed every single thing wrong with it...and then made it better, a lot better, the camera and video is incredible.

Annoyingly it has made my wife want an iPhone X...she's very envious of the Pixel portrait mode.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
The pixel's camera is truly mental. My £600 work camera doesn't even come close to the pics taken on my phone or the pixel which is mental!

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Kinda agree. S8 is older now. The note 8 is really the comparison to the pixel XL.

I'd go pixel also and I'm a Samsung man.

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
Just watched this quick video from unbox therapy.

Despite what MKBHD (just for gally's sake) said for his phone of the year awards, he's got both an iPhone X and Pixel 2 XL Panda in his pocket. When asked if he had to only run 1 phone, he chose the Pixel 2 XL. Everyone runs the Pixel 2 XL or the iPhone X out of the youtubers though. Main reason they all can't move away from iPhone is iMessage.

BMW M4; S1000 RR
The camera really is amazing on the Pixel2. You don't notice the blue shift on the screen once you've been using it for a day or so, but I still think they could have done better on that front. The speakers are also pretty average in comparison to the speakers on the new iPhones.

However. The battery is really good, once you've tried proper vanilla Android you won't consider skinned versions again and as I said. The camera is very impressive for something you carry in your pocket.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
As good as the Note 8 is, I am regretting not hanging on for the Pixel XL.
There are still stupid things that shouldn't be an issue on any phone now days.

Want to turn your alarm off from the swipe down panel before it goes off? Nope, no option for that, unless it's a minute before. You have to go in to the alarm app to do anything.
The stock calendar icon still shows 30 instead of the actual date. How hard is this to fix? Niggly little things like this annoy me.
Nexus 6P speakers blow the Note out of the water. Sound quality is pretty poor.
Cant share a picture immediately from the camera app. Have to go to the gallery to do it.

Not sure if any of this will be fixed when it eventually goes to Oreo. Another thing that I didn't realise was other handsets were so bloody slow to get Android updates. Still no sign of Oreo being released. I had it on the Nexus in June/July iirc.

Might see how much they are going for and chop it in.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
Just come home to my new Asus phone.

Now to learn android as been iOS for many many years now.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
It'll take some getting used to but then I'm a light phone user

Sent from my ASUS_X00ID using Tapatalk

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
Took my phone off charge at 08:00, moderate use through the day and heavy use all evening and on 63% battery.

Big batteries are the future.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Not really though. Different tech is the future and battery mixed with software.

I am on 46% and use my phone for work a lot. Only gets charged in the morning although I always have a wireless charger on my desk just incase but rarely use it now.

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
My 6P battery is fuckin awful. Really need to pull my finger out and sort a new phone, but I'm too used to paying £8 a month sim only

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
My 6P battery is fuckin awful. Really need to pull my finger out and sort a new phone, but I'm too used to paying £8 a month sim only

This is why I went for the Pixel. Mine was barely lasting a day after two years of moderate use.

I'm off this morning to sell it...Game stores are giving £180 cash for them...that'll do.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Just seen, I only got the 32gb one on contract. Turns out it's worth £113. My nexus 5 is still worth £77 too.
Both getting taken in.

just-that-ek

ClioSport Club Member
  Megane R26
Ordered the Samsung S8 which will be getting delivered on Tuesday after 5 years of IOS I'm joining Android how easy will it be to transfer everything from my iPhone to the Samsung?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk