ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The New Phone Thread

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Really has grown on me a lot. Almost ordered the 3T then missed like the biggest thing... It's bloody 5 inch!

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
Really has grown on me a lot. Almost ordered the 3T then missed like the biggest thing... It's bloody 5 inch!
I'm gonna order one this week.. just waiting for the gold one to be in stock. My OnePlus One has survived many falls on the floor and still going strong

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
I have an iPhone 6 for work and I just can't get on with it. Just don't see the mass appeal tbh.

I have a N6p as my personal and apart from an issue with dust in the camera sensor I've had no issues with it. I'll be going with a Pixel next probably although I've got until November with my current contract so no doubt there will be a massive choice by then.

I did have a play with the XL. I didn't find the sound great through it and the lack of water proof is poor. Also, no home button.
I couldn't use the normal iphone, it had to be a plus as im used to the note.
I'll be back to android but for now, this will do.

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
Is anyone getting the Nokia 3310 next week then? Around £50 they are . I'm certainly getting one , not sure what colour yet like

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Spotted that. Such a cool phone but tbh I won't buy one. If needed just a phone to ring and txt I'd get one in a heartbeat

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
So is it the exact same phone? I thought they had modernised it or something.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
New Samsung S8. Avec clear case. No home button or capacitive buttons.

74630c11617f104b050e6e782c9cc006.jpg

BMW M4; S1000 RR
New Samsung S8. Avec clear case. No home button or capacitive buttons.

74630c11617f104b050e6e782c9cc006.jpg

It'll be about time if that's what it ends up looking like.

Soft buttons are so much better than physical ones. I got the Note 7 and loved the phone, but when it had to go back I ended up getting a Moto G4 Plus instead, and the soft buttons are so much better.

Shame it doesn't have a pen though, I really liked that feature on the Note.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
There will be a Note8 which again will decimate all ... bit like the Note 7...

I'm going to struggle not to upgrade to that S8 though. Want!

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
There will be a Note8 which again will decimate all ... bit like the Note 7...

I'm going to struggle not to upgrade to that S8 though. Want!

Decimate all that hold it?

Let's just hope it doesn't get too hot eh...

The S8 looks shite with that clear case and silver isn't the best colour for it imo.

I've got until November with the 6p. I'm sure there will be a decent selection by then for my next phone.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
It was more for illustration, in black no case it will look immense. The Note 8 will be a leader like the Note 7 was minus the battery issue. Easy to forget it was top dog in every aspect.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Did the pixel come out when the 7 was still available because that came out on top for the camera and quite a few classes it as the best phone around. Might have been due to the fact that the 7 was discontinued though.

BMW M4; S1000 RR
Did the pixel come out when the 7 was still available because that came out on top for the camera and quite a few classes it as the best phone around. Might have been due to the fact that the 7 was discontinued though.
The Pixel was released after the Note7 recall was made official and most of them had gone back. The Note7 had the same camera as the Galaxy S7 (which is a brilliant camera) so the Pixel beat it anyway.

It was more for illustration, in black no case it will look immense. The Note 8 will be a leader like the Note 7 was minus the battery issue. Easy to forget it was top dog in every aspect.
I don't think you can in any way say the Note 7 was a leader when it got recalled and discontinued due to safety issues.

BMW M4; S1000 RR
I don't think you can in any way say the Note 7 was a leader when it got recalled and discontinued due to safety issues.

I think you can?

I had a Note 7 and it was a pile of s**t as it had loads of QC issues (mine did at least). A friend of mine had a few gremlins too, it was just rushed in general.

However the actual hardware and features were amazing. Nothing on the market actually comes close (sadly) to what it offered (minus issues).

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Because the battery blew up, takes zero away from the fact it was a leader like most notes have been in regards spec etc. The camera also had Video ois although the same camera different interface also. In regards to design, lets not discuss it in the same sentence as the Pixel although a fantastic phone and almost stock Android it lacks loads of stuff the Note came with namely water and dust proofing to start.

I think in the early tests before the N7 started trying to kill people the cameras were hard to pick between, it was given best camera based on benchmarking numbers using a photography scale or something, DPI or similar.. I remember reading about it. I've no need to stick up for it as it's a dead duck but it was imo an overall winner, I think a lot of the tech guys went nuts for it on release.

Anyway the Note 8 won't suffer the same fate so i'm rather excited to see what it brings.

So thinking of a one plus 3t. My only concern is that apparently it has a slight curve to the edge of the screen making it hard to get a decent screen protector? And yes I need one with what I do!

My old S6 screen is covered in light scratches!

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Because the battery blew up, takes zero away from the fact it was a leader like most notes have been in regards spec etc. The camera also had Video ois although the same camera different interface also. In regards to design, lets not discuss it in the same sentence as the Pixel although a fantastic phone and almost stock Android it lacks loads of stuff the Note came with namely water and dust proofing to start.

I think in the early tests before the N7 started trying to kill people the cameras were hard to pick between, it was given best camera based on benchmarking numbers using a photography scale or something, DPI or similar.. I remember reading about it. I've no need to stick up for it as it's a dead duck but it was imo an overall winner, I think a lot of the tech guys went nuts for it on release.

Anyway the Note 8 won't suffer the same fate so i'm rather excited to see what it brings.
You can't separate the aspects you don't like from the phone as a whole. It had potential to explode.

You can't claim something as a leader, if it can't actually be used as intended more than once, for fear of it spontaneously combusting imo.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
He can,because it's a Note...

Speaking to a mate earlier who's well into his phones and he seems to think that will be the last of the Note range and the next one will be under a different name.

Ive got until November with the Nexus 6p. I'm hopeful of having a good selection for my next phone. The new Sony is looking very good and offers 900+fps video.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I think Samsung confirmed there will be a new Note. I am holding off for it anyway, the S8 is an awesome looking piece of kit, never sure on this long thin idea though!

Also they were looking to recycle the Note 7 with improved battery in to Indian market etc. It may be my way in! I'll keep an eye on that one! Decided I use my S pen enough through work etc that I want to have one in my phone.

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
Anyone a xperia fan?

Currently got a xperia xz and as soon as the premium is released I'll be getting one. Cannot wait for 960fps recording

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Anyone a xperia fan?

Currently got a xperia xz and as soon as the premium is released I'll be getting one. Cannot wait for 960fps recording

I looked at a few videos of the 960fps. It's certainly one to consider when I'm due an upgrade.

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
I looked at a few videos of the 960fps. It's certainly one to consider when I'm due an upgrade.
Considering its a phone, the video quality looked very good. I'm into high-speed video and I can tell you, you re getting a lot for your money in high speed video terms.

I love my xperias, just ace phones and waterproof

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Lovely phone. Fingerprint magnet!

I always thought they had issues with the software as they got older on the Sonys. No doubt improved in this competitive market.

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
Lovely phone. Fingerprint magnet!

I always thought they had issues with the software as they got older on the Sonys. No doubt improved in this competitive market.
current software is spot on, mine never misses a beat

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
Looking for help, GF's Mum is after a new phone, No real requirements just wants it to be decent-ish but cheap on a contract.
Anyone know anything of the LG K8 LTE??
Looking to go on EE as gods provider in this neck of the woods.