ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The new JCW GP

withoutabix

ClioSport Club Member
So as a non mini forum wadda we reckon?

http://www.motoringfile.com/2012/05...otoringFile+|+MINI+News,+Reviews+and+Podcast)

P90093888_highRes.jpg

P90093902_highRes.jpg

P90093901_highRes.jpg

P90093900_highRes.jpg

P90093896_highRes.jpg

They haven't announced any Performance Figures just yet but its put up a decent ring time! but 6 Pot front brakes FTW!

Personally i don't think they've really pushed the boat out body style wise, not compared to the the Original GP anyway most of the bits on this can be had for any R56 JCW so kinda waters it down somewhat! and they've defiantly gone OTT on the graphics!

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Meh! Overpriced remapped mini that looks ultrashit. I'm ok.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Not really sure ATM

will be stripped of the rear seats again with a front pair of Recaros like the R53 version, will be lighter than the standard R56 FJCW only real difference i can see is the 6Pots

DSC_3514.jpg

6 pots look like they are rebranded BMW performance items.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Sure it's nice, but I wouldn't pay the £200,000,000 that BMW will undoubtably ask for it if I had the money.

Trophy #490
Absolutely hate those alloys! Loved the original car though; its handling was on another level. As a driver's car, it was up there with the Clio Trophy, EK9, and the R26R for me, so I'll go out on a limb and say this'll be very special to drive as well.

No thanks.

Looks hugely fussy IMO. Like the designer finished early but wanted to look busy so just carried on adding bits. And more bits. And then found a red pen so added a bit more.

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
Preferred the original Supercharged model. There is some parts I like, Like the diffuser on the rear etc. IMO those wheels are awful & it looks like it's trying to hard, but then I'm sure that'll appeal to some, just not me.

No doubt BMW will ask silly amount of coinage for it.

I used to like mini's before everyone in the world seemed to buy one.

TrackCar & F30 330d
I work for BMW and drive the first prototype. It's deffently noticabley quicker than the standard JCW. It's going to come with some great upgrades and has had quite a lot of development to make it handle much better.

Jamie86

ClioSport Club Member
  RS175,595,205gti,172
I want to hate it but my inner hooligan likes it!

Kuhmo tyres though mind!

M135i
I like it.

Interested to see how the interior looks.

And regarding pricing, yes it will be expensive. However I have a feeling that like the old one, it will hold its value remarkably well.

I'm tempted.......

Focus RS Mk1
too busy for me, looks like it drove through halfords with all the little styling add ons. Not a fan

Suzuki Swift Sport
Really like that in an odd way, prefer the concept of it than the actual look of it. I think its good that manufacturers are still making interesting cars!

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I still prefer the old one as you know but you just know it's going to be a cracker and handle like f**k. Fact.

Addz

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy, TVR Tamora
Want! I really love the look of that, i wonder how it'll effect the value of the early GP's