ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The new car (S2000 content)

clio 172
Insurance was £3,500 (24 years old) for me but luckily i have it on the company insurance now, otherwise i wouldn't have the car.

I count myself as massively lucky

George@RTR_Parts

ClioSport Trader
  need BRAKES? PM me
Very nice mate, I fancy one next. Wouldn't mind having a nosey round it sometime, as I'm regularly in your neck of woods.

Red leather is win. They are pretty reasonably priced I found, the obvious downfall like the above have said is insurance price. So you're very lucky to have that as a company car :(

clio 172
Yeh G172 no problem, give me a shout and no problem in letting you have a look and going for a spin.

Very lucky to have it as a company car!!

clio 172
It does feel faster (obviously) but not really taken it for a proper blast yet, got first track day in it on the 11th of june so will see how good it is then! Its mental in the wet, 6th gear at 30mph to be safe ;)

n2x

e60/f10
I'd love one of these.

Whats it like compared to the Clio?

acceleration wise its a beast. Ran a quarter mile with one, got about 4 car lengths ahead but after it found grip, i was 5 car lengths behind at the finish line.

Tiger R6 / Saxo Vts
I loved my S2000 it was awesome. I did get bored of paying £100 a month insurance at 29 though.

Cheaper to insure both my kit car which is faster/more raw then the Honda and my Saxo Vts which is still nippy, but cheaper to run daily.

Neither impress girls though - the Honda was awesome for that.

I reckon black with the red leather is the best colour combo on the S2k as well. Good work! You want to get yourself a big ITG filter on there and remove the lid on the airbox - the induction noise then is epic!

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
Awesome a move to america could seem me owning one but not in this country with that insurance.

clio 172
I loved my S2000 it was awesome. I did get bored of paying £100 a month insurance at 29 though.

Cheaper to insure both my kit car which is faster/more raw then the Honda and my Saxo Vts which is still nippy, but cheaper to run daily.

Neither impress girls though - the Honda was awesome for that.

I reckon black with the red leather is the best colour combo on the S2k as well. Good work! You want to get yourself a big ITG filter on there and remove the lid on the airbox - the induction noise then is epic!

Took the top of the airbox of straight away, sounds brilliant, especially with the brand new stainless exhaust.

clio 172
Anything planned? Hardtop conversion?

Plans at the moment are better brakes all round and keep a look out for a hard top, especially for the winter to protect the new roof! Already got new stainless, new eibach lowered springs

Honda S2000
these are great cars, got rid of my cup for one. There definitly much better with an induction kit thou, iv got an AEM full intake but what a nightmare it was to fit!! Just had a Greddy stainless with a decat and sounds amazing, through tunnels it sounds like a plane :)

clio 172
these are great cars, got rid of my cup for one. There definitly much better with an induction kit thou, iv got an AEM full intake but what a nightmare it was to fit!! Just had a Greddy stainless with a decat and sounds amazing, through tunnels it sounds like a plane :)

Will probably get an induction kit soon, what else you do to yours? Did you upgrade the speakers? They seem a bit sh*t

Honda S2000
Will probably get an induction kit soon, what else you do to yours? Did you upgrade the speakers? They seem a bit sh*t

Yea they are sh*it, i havent changed them thou yet and as the weathers getting better the sounds of the engines better :) You can get small kenwood sub and amps thou that fit under the seat, about £150 i think. Thats all ive done to mine, stereo, exhaust, decat, induction kit and new tyres, they seem to wear pretty quickly, lol. My insurance seems to be cheap aswell compared to what your quote was, mines up for renewal next month and its 1400 and im 23 :)

Another potential S2k owner put off by the insurance here.

The car I could afford. The £1k plus they were asking to insure me for it was ridiculous though. Group 20 IIRC.

They are lovely though. I'm gonna have to have one one day.

OneTime_

ClioSport Club Member
  '65 BMW F31 330d
Very nice. Would love one of these but insurance is a joke. Fastback it ftw.

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
Nice cars.Look out for ditches when vtec yo kicks in.

Just about my wifes favourite honda...

clio 172
Yea they are sh*it, i havent changed them thou yet and as the weathers getting better the sounds of the engines better :) You can get small kenwood sub and amps thou that fit under the seat, about £150 i think. Thats all ive done to mine, stereo, exhaust, decat, induction kit and new tyres, they seem to wear pretty quickly, lol. My insurance seems to be cheap aswell compared to what your quote was, mines up for renewal next month and its 1400 and im 23 :)

You dont happen to know the size of the door speakers do you?

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
I'd have had one for a run around but the TT was £1000 cheaper to insure!

I can insure a F430 CS cheaper than a S2000.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Awesome cars.

Early ones are better. Don't let the 'you'll crash into a ditch' brigage tell you otherwise. It's a proper setup.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Love them and was seriously thinking of one for summer. What are they like on fuel day to day? Not too bad i suspect?

Insurance sounds a killer though. I may get a quote although paying anything more than £800.00 would be a no no and im only 26. So sounds unlikely. £400 a year ftw..

clio 172
Love them and was seriously thinking of one for summer. What are they like on fuel day to day? Not too bad i suspect?

Insurance sounds a killer though. I may get a quote although paying anything more than £800.00 would be a no no and im only 26. So sounds unlikely. £400 a year ftw..

Fuels not too bad really, fill up from empty on v-power £60, get 250 miles from that. Not terrible

Just ran a quote, not that bad. Paying 630 ish on the S3, the quote came out as 840... Might reconsider them. Especially if Chris likes them (which is all that matters!).

TBH insurance is a joke all round! I can insure a Noble for less than I am paying on the new car which is far heavier and less powerfull. S2000 is over 2k for me, even without adding MrsDuck. For comparison, the 197 in my name alone was under £600!