ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The New Bus (warning v-tec content)

VRS
Well after some big problems with the Audi derv, i traded in and picked up the new motor.
Had it for 2 weeks now and love it :) really liking being back in a revvy n/a

had a look at leon fr's, meggy r26's, clio 197/200's and focus st's but the civic ticked all the boxes and won me over :)

Went for the GT as it adds the air con, cruise control, auto lights and auto wipers. Opted for silver and the 18's as i prefer the more subtle looks.

Really impressed with the interior and the build quality, a big step up from my clio and pretty much on par with the audi.

Hopefully i will get a decent dry day to give the car and wheels a good polish as I've only really had time to give it a quick wash since I've had it.

Not planning on spending major money on it, will probably just get the camber and toe etc set up with ABP's fast road set up as apparently most FN2's come off the boats with different camber settings on the fronts.

I know there's not many FN2 fans on here but heyho, im loving it :approve:

little tweaks ive made:

upgraded dipped and main lights
LED sidelights
silvervisions in the rear
LED number plate lights
Red interior lighting
K&N Panel Filter
Spoon reservoir covers

A few pics off the iphone

IMG_0536-1.jpg

IMG_0534.jpg

IMG_0535-1.jpg

IMG_0538.jpg

IMG_0527.jpg

IMG_0521.jpg

IMG_0522.jpg

IMG_0524.jpg

IMG_0519.jpg

Andy

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
What went wrong with the audi??

(People buying a cheap tdi to save money take note!!!)

Mondeo TDCI 130
I know, but not for me to say, it had issues that were going to cost a lot of money to fix, and are common for it aswell! Andy will tell i feel!

Black 172 PH2
My mate has recently bought one of these in the same colour and spec.
Feels quick and refined, handling feels tight, and the seats are awesome.

Addz

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy, TVR Tamora
I love the interiors of these, seem to really wrap around you!

Just hate the engine :eek:

VRS
I love the interiors of these, seem to really wrap around you!

Just hate the engine :eek:

i can see why v-tec is marmite, i think if i had gone straight from the 182 to the civic it would have been hard to adjust to but having the dsg derv in between has made the transition very easy!

drives well at low revs and has the beens for a blast at high revs if need be, that v-tec noise is addictive though lol :race:

200 Gordini
Really like these.. there was a red one with pro race 1.2s at my local Honda garage I fell in love with. Like the silver more!

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
Great choice of car.Im still loving mine,and i actually love the engine.I can cruise around and go round mini islands in 3rd gear at roughly 12 mph and it drives out lovely,on the other hand after 5.5k it takes off.Best of both worlds really.The seats are awsome and i love the dash.The mpg is sitting on 33mpg atm so its really good on fuel too.
Mine has the 19" rage alloys and the f1 kit.Glad your enjoying it

mediaCAQ29LC8.jpg

Black Clio GT
i really like them, nearly bought one a couple of years ago before the golf gti but insurance was a killer for some reason..........

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
They have really grown on me a lot.

That red one is perfect, 19's are a bit hard I feel.

What does the F1 kit get?

VRS
Great choice of car.Im still loving mine,and i actually love the engine.I can cruise around and go round mini islands in 3rd gear at roughly 12 mph and it drives out lovely,on the other hand after 5.5k it takes off.Best of both worlds really.The seats are awsome and i love the dash.The mpg is sitting on 33mpg atm so its really good on fuel too.
Mine has the 19" rage alloys and the f1 kit.Glad your enjoying it

mediaCAQ29LC8.jpg

I know what you mean with the gears, ive found myself pulling out of junctions and heading round roundabouts then thinking oh crap i'm still in third but the car seems to handle the lows speeds and stays smooth

really love the dash as well now im used to where im looking for each bit of info lol

your car looks lovely fella :approve: the GP kit really sets off the milano

Andy

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Milano > all! Love that colour. Shamethey have the fading under the lacquer problem.

I love red cars right enough.

F1 looks very nice. Should get more pictures up Iain it's a cracking car, how long you had it mate?

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
Ive had it since april.And believe it or not ive not taken any proper pics yet.Must get it done soon.

And what do you mean about the laquer.Mine is just a solid red paint.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
On Milano red, it has a clearcoat. Cars don't have 'real' solid colours anymore.

Yours is "solid clear overbase" If the clear overbase (lacquer) isn't protected the sun ect... fades the red underneath and you can't rectify it like you used to do with the old Vauxhalls going pink (real solid red) it'll need a respray. I'll dig out a thread for you. Not scaremongering but something to note.

How you enjoying it from a 182?

Good example... http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=157703&highlight=milano

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
Always glad for some free advice gally,thanks mate...

From the 182 it just feels more grown up,its miles ahead for build quality.The alloys also suffer from a bit of weathering,mine are ok so far,but when they go people can never get them back so most go for an anthracite colour or black when they refurb them.
I dont understand some peoples perceptions of the handling,i think its great.its not as twitchy as my clio was and i find myself more confident going into bends and i dare say it on here,its faster and i seam to be able to carry more speed into bends than i did in the clio...
Flat out from a standing start it feels a bit heavy from the off.Once going though the engine soon gets the speed up.And when most clio's die at around 90-100 the honda keeps going.A bit like the older model really.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Always glad for some free advice gally,thanks mate...

From the 182 it just feels more grown up,its miles ahead for build quality.The alloys also suffer from a bit of weathering,mine are ok so far,but when they go people can never get them back so most go for an anthracite colour or black when they refurb them.
I dont understand some peoples perceptions of the handling,i think its great.its not as twitchy as my clio was and i find myself more confident going into bends and i dare say it on here,its faster and i seam to be able to carry more speed into bends than i did in the clio...
Flat out from a standing start it feels a bit heavy from the off.Once going though the engine soon gets the speed up.And when most clio's die at around 90-100 the honda keeps going.A bit like the older model really.
It's the ride, it's truely shocking. Far too stiff, in diffciult conditions (damp etc) most hatches would romp away from it.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
See what you're saying. EP3 vs 182 to FN2 vs 197 Same applys no doubt.

Isn't it corossion that seems to ruin the wheels? Like the diamond cut face corrodes?

Easy enough and cheap enough to get them done gun metal or something if they do go.

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
It's the ride, it's truely shocking. Far too stiff, in diffciult conditions (damp etc) most hatches would romp away from it.

I agree the ride is stiff,but on the right A road its very well planted...I tend not to push on in the rain though but i know what your saying...

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
See what you're saying. EP3 vs 182 to FN2 vs 197 Same applys no doubt.

Isn't it corossion that seems to ruin the wheels? Like the diamond cut face corrodes?

Easy enough and cheap enough to get them done gun metal or something if they do go.

Yes its corrosion that gets into the polished wheel face and from looking on other forums they never last once there re-done.Lucky if you get a year out of them...Im also thinking that a nice dark colour will go well with the black splitter and kit

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Yes its corrosion that gets into the polished wheel face and from looking on other forums they never last once there re-done.Lucky if you get a year out of them...Im also thinking that a nice dark colour will go well with the black splitter and kit
Same as the mk5 Golf GTi?
post-12487-1250267376.jpg

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Mondeo polished face ones aswell, my boss had ones or his RRS they lasted a month and then corroded.

Salt/dirt just ate them apart.