ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The New 1000+hp FWD Nissan GTR LM Nismo Race Car!

Just come across this article!

Stef Schrader said:
We've finally seen it in Nissan's Super Bowl ad, and now Nissan finally released detailed shots of its World Endurance Championship LMP1 competitor along with more video of it in motion. This is the Nissan GT-R LM Nismo, the radically different car which Nissan hopes will win Le Mans.

"The brief was, don't build me an Audi, or a P1 copy," explained NISMO President Darren Cox to RACER. I think it's safe to say "mission accomplished" on that one.

Not only is the Nissan LMP1 packaged differently than any Le Mans prototype we've seen before, but it powers completely different wheels. It's front-wheel-drive. You know, the layout that track snobs joke about as being "fail-wheel-drive."

I'm keen to see how the FF nature of the car will play out with the fact it has 1000+hp, it does have capable to send power to the rear wheels however, so its probably going to be more like AWD, even though they're trying to market it as a FWD car.

Thoughts?

Click here for the full article

ywkkzv5fvpom1iemwpt7.jpg

lfpcbj6r27zjuax2jgoi.jpg

xvkt4iccikwxp4eb4133.jpg

p6xg5an97vpwqz5wjkak.jpg