ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The Mrs Meggie?

Clio 172
Right the mrs car went in for its MOT just after xmas and needed a few things doing. One being the exhaust. So we bought one and the garage fitted it. Guys always been a diamond with me....until now. He fitted the exhaust and we picked the car up. Few days later the 2nd engine managment light came on, The car badly bunny hopped at low revs and the exhaust rattled like fook! So took it back told him the problem and left it with him. He rang me today and told me it was sorted and wants 40 notes for doing it! Surely I shouldnt have to pay him as he fitted the exhaust wrong in the 1st place?

What do you guys think?

Cheers Ben

Clio 172
well my dad thnks he might have had to reset the ecu or sumin becasue the exhaust was proper fucked and has been since before she had it which was 10 months ago. Its was causing the engine managment light to come on am gunna have a word with him 2moro

1.6 Ford Focus
There was a thing on BBC Three a while back about the law and services and such.

If the service isn't as advertised then you have the right to get it fixed or get your money back, they can't charge you for their mistake when they didn't do their service properly.

Not sure if it applies but I THINK you can pay the extra money and write on the receipt "paid under protest" and you can take it up with a small claims court...

You learn so much from TV haha!

Clio 172
Yeah im not htat fussed over 40 quid just wondered if anyone could enlighten me on the ecu reset? Im gunna ask him what he's done 2moro then go from there