ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The missus' new motor

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Finally sold her Renault Scenic after 2 years with the purpose of getting a Nissan Qashqai or Juke to replace it - something with 5 doors. We even went to look at a 2011 Focus CC a few weeks ago, which is when we saw this on the forecourt: 2006 Golf GTI 2.0T, under 40k miles, full leather, 5 door at a very good price indeed. The diamond cut 18" alloys had seen a bit of kerb action so I asked for them to be refurbished, which was a shame, but the results were better than I expected, so that was a bonus. Anyway, it's a lovely car; Pulls really well, smooth delivery, very comfortable and very spaceous, too, with 2 young 'uns in the back. She's absolutely delighted with it, as you can imagine coming from a 1.6 Scenic. Saying that, she's had her fair share of mental horsepower cars.

8010015276_994b52f996_c.jpg

8010021957_9ffd60533f_c.jpg

8010024681_cafdc6380c_c.jpg

8010027334_17ffa9751a_c.jpg

8010027167_80fc28cf6b_c.jpg

8010038090_e0e8852631_c.jpg

8010021604_afd6621bf5_c.jpg

8010005797_ca69d5cb1d_c.jpg

8010010915_ee16323c16_c.jpg

8010008761_a3c36d5f6a_c.jpg

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
Looks great. Not a bad family bus!

Look weird with silver wheels and no diamond cut, in a good way though.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Looks great. Not a bad family bus!

Look weird with silver wheels and no diamond cut, in a good way though.

Yeah I wanted to keep the diamond cut, but they were very badly kerbed and TBH the refurb that's been done is excellent. Looks great.

RS6+ & 40d MSport X5
Scutchio, I've got a 6cd front loading HU from my R32 in unmarked condition, looking for £100 posted for it.

Only selling as I upgraded to Nav the day after buying.

RS6+ & 40d MSport X5
Car looks great btw, should've forced the stealers to get them to refurb the wheels to OE spec.

5dr Golfs FTW!

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Nice, I actually prefer the wheels in silver, the polished insides always look really naf imo.

Mk5 golf gti
I've got one but 3 door, one of very few cars that I have actually loved owning. I normally sell up by now, but its a great all rounder

DB.

BMW 440i
Welcome to the club!

I much prefer the silver over the polished ones, less chavvy IMO.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Lovely Scutch! That's a good buy, kinda sad at the sane time you didn't go for a Juke, they're pretty awesome!

Definitely nice buy, the first time I drove one I was shocked just how much they pulled, you can get up to silly speeds quite quickly.

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
That looks really nice scutch,i bet she's over the moon after a scenic and getting into one of these.

You'll also be glad in time of having the standard silver re-furb on the wheels.After the diamond cut goes you would be sat after a refurb in 6 months wishing you had gone for the silver you have now.Once they go you dont get them back.

Good luck with the car.

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
Lovely that mate! I like them in black, makes the rear bumper less prominent!

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I'd colour code the rear. Just me. Leave the skirts textured. Paint doesn't work on Golf sideskirts, ED30 and R32 have issues.

Does it have an ED30 front splitter? Bumper looks much better than standard.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
That looks really nice scutch,i bet she's over the moon after a scenic and getting into one of these.

You'll also be glad in time of having the standard silver re-furb on the wheels.After the diamond cut goes you would be sat after a refurb in 6 months wishing you had gone for the silver you have now.Once they go you dont get them back.

Good luck with the car.

Well she's had a 360bhp Evo VI, VX220, a high powered 106 GTI and a couple of Clio 1*2's, so the Scenic and Focus before it were just baby wagons really. As is this one, but it's a bit nicer to drive and not as "elderly" as the others.

I'd colour code the rear. Just me. Leave the skirts textured. Paint doesn't work on Golf sideskirts, ED30 and R32 have issues.

Does it have an ED30 front splitter? Bumper looks much better than standard.

Not sure mate. It's been lowered IIRC, but not sure about anything else.

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
Nice i liked my 5DR Laser blue with the same spec.

I got 38mpg on a run, 28 around town!