ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The missus new ford racing puma

_WILL_

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup
i really like them...might have to pop up and have a look. Was seriously considering one but decided on the cup instead.

_WILL_

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup
sounds good, text me when your setting off. My car is being repaired down that way, so was over there and had a McD's for lunch...it is a very different place to be during the day, seemed a little quiet!!!!

182 Cup/Mk5 Gti
lol you should of seen last week we went up to east gosgote and there was about 40 cars and a couple racing down the drag strip in evo's funny as! but if i go mate ill give you a ring ;)

these are based on a widened fiesta chasis, no?

always loved them. cracking cars, and what they lack in pace they make up for in handling.

In a word, yes. Pretty much a mk5 Zetec-S underneath but it's coupled with much better suspension and Alcon calipers, hence why it's not all about the outright pace in this car, but more it's handling abilities and brakes *squeeeeek*

What number is it? Looks tidy!
I'm not fully sure on the chassis bit (my memorys gone on that bit lol) All frp's started out as normal puma's (which are based on the fiesta) Then they were taken to the Tickford factory, taken apart & the wide arches etc were put on and each one was pretty much made at loss iirc.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
They look great on Speedlines!!! All it needs is the Focus RS engine!
4202872516a11198249850o.jpg

How it should always look.

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Lovely cars, the FRP's. Very jealous! I can't help but think the wheels refurbed in silver would look better though.

Regarding the chassis, IIRC it's pretty much the same as the standard Fiesta/Puma one with a wider track; hence the wider arches. Also added bigger stoppers up front and rear disc brakes.

It's a shame that people seem to be buying these to strip and sell for bits too :dapprove:

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
^ I bet you mess your pants every time you post that pic ?

;)
:eek: Oh do I post it often! Everytime a ford is even mentioned I seem to have an urge to post this hard-on material!

MCS R56
They look great! If only it had 200 odd bhp, it might have been on par with the Focus and I know what one I would have had.

I had one, just great little cars, but yea just a bit too slow, the sound wasnt that amzing either really apart from it pops and crackles loads!

Megane 225 F1
Wow seen these on the road but never thought anything of them. I want one now. Infact im looking at pistonheads now ;)

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
They are getting cheap, keep it mint and it won't lose money.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
They aren't that powerfull mate 155bhp.

Different inlet and exhaust system, different cams.
It's just one of those cars that isn't about the power.

Megane 225 F1
Meh 155 is quick and powerfull to me from my 1.4 clio :D unfortunatly, just looked and they are out of my price range :(

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Ah shame. I'm still looking at them as a project to keep and drive which is hard.

Had my puma a year so getting itchy feet to move one.

Megane 225 F1
Are the FRP's only in purple colour? Because there are loads of 1.7s that are dif colours and mention being racing pumas but im not sure