ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

the missus car wont start - part II

mg zs / alfa 147
OK

posted a little while ago

having issues with my missus 1.2 8v liberte

no spark, no fuel, no go anywhere :(

ok well i replaced the DTC sensor, replaced the coil pack (square block which the leads and pencil coils come off) but still nothing

sent the ecu away for testing which has come back as ok and was decoded to remove an immobiliser from the equation

plugs now spark but the engine don't fire so sounds like immobiliser

not getting fuel through the injectors but there is fuel pressure to the injector rail

any ideas?

i am thinking maybe the immob unit is still locking out the injectors

any idea how to disconnect this as the ecu will no longer be looking for it

mk4 golf gttdi180
lock the car then unlock turn the key to ignition lights leave for 5-10 m inutes and then it should start they have fuel pump problems sometimes especially if they are ran low hope this helps

mg zs / alfa 147
its a liberte - doesn't have bleepy locking, its key in door old fashioned stuff

also doesn't even fire - there is fuel pressure, you can hear the fuel pump prime and if i pop the clip off on the end the fuel is under pressure

has only done 47K miles too so should be ok

any other ideas?

ALBI 197 Sonic MKII
Off topic: Where did your username come from?

My car is known as 'Sonic' and my last digits of my number plate is 'RXG'

on topic: TDC sensor?

mk2 ph1
Does the car turn over?

Maybe try to press the red button under the bonnet? Had the fuel cut on mine when i hit a pot hole.