ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
I have every confidence that it'll be worth the wait!
I concur :)

Even with all the lag? ;)
Especially with all the lag :p
I live for the endless lag 'n' wheeze of ITB'eeze! :rasp: Besides, I prefer a challenging drive rather than big, lazy power! ;)

As I see it...

itbrucelees_zpsa434c21c.jpg

:)

FLOL! Not long now Andy! Keep us posted.
Will do mate... ;)

Clio Trophy
Read from start to finish, great progress mate. Just hope I have more look with my trophy than you have :)

4 months and nothing wrong yet *touches wood*

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Read from start to finish, great progress mate. Just hope I have more look with my trophy than you have :)

4 months and nothing wrong yet *touches wood*
Thanks for taking time to read through the thread mate. You must have been really bored?! :p With a bit of luck I should have some news/updates to post very soon... Generally, if you look after your Trophy and get it looked at by the right people, then you should be fine. I'm glad all is well with yours and I hope you are enjoying it. Is it your first RenaultSport Clio?

Very good. Not seen that one before. :)
It's an exclusive/original, Chip-mk1. I knocked it up in response to the 'turbo lag' comments made by yourself and George182. I was feeling hurt. It just happened that I was watching Enter The Dragon at the time of the post so... :clown:

Clio Trophy
Thanks for taking time to read through the thread mate. You must have been really bored?! :p With a bit of luck I should have some news/updates to post very soon... Generally, if you look after your Trophy and get it looked at by the right people, then you should be fine. I'm glad all is well with yours and I hope you are enjoying it. Is it your first RenaultSport Clio?

Yeah first clio, always been a vauxhall man building a corsa c 2.0 Turbo from scratch. Own my Trophy and a Nova GTE which is currently garaged til nicer weather. Love my Trophy tho so please I bought it instead of a type r.

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah first clio, always been a vauxhall man building a corsa c 2.0 Turbo from scratch. Own my Trophy and a Nova GTE which is currently garaged til nicer weather. Love my Trophy tho so please I bought it instead of a type r.
Ah, a Vauxhall man... As alluded to above, Chip knows a thing or two about those! The last Vauxhall I remember was my parents A-reg Cavalier. The engine is still running today I believe (after some 240,000 miles) although the car had long rotted away; hence the engine was transplanted into a different shell.

Not a fan of the Type-R? I have one on the drive sat next to my Trophy (well, it's currently sat next to the V6 until the Trophy comes home). I love it, although it may well be sold in the next year or two as my good lady fancies something different. She's looking at a Mk2 Focus RS or possibly the new Type-R. Either way, the Trophy is a keeper and not going anywhere :)

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
certainly cant go anywhere at the moment, lol
Y'know how sometimes you can really go off people... :p LOL! Thankfully I've got a thick skin (and, apparently, a thick head as some people say I should have gotten rid of the T long ago). The thing is that, when it's working, it drives so well. I think. I can't really remember... :eek:

I went out in Clio-adidas's RS2'd Trophy a few weeks ago and I'm desperate to get mine back now. Especially with better weather coming (allegedly).

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Lol, I know what you mean, really need to find time to get my turbo back in use, trouble is the longer it sits off the road the more the memories of how fun it was fade, lol.

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Lol, I know what you mean, really need to find time to get my turbo back in use, trouble is the longer it sits off the road the more the memories of how fun it was fade, lol.
It's a shame how life in general (or typically work) often gets in the way of having some fun. I really do hope you can soon find some time to get on the case with your turbo. That was epic, even around Llandow where you couldn't really take advantage of the power.

Plus u get older and too scared to drive it!!
Hmmm, no - I don't think so. I probably appreciate it more as I get older. Especially having spent a couple of hundred quid on recent upgrades. I WILL appreciate it and I WILL enjoy it. :D

LOL!

Me and Andy are both old already, so an extra year or so doesnt make much difference to us.
*sigh* Thanks for reminding me. I was having a good day up until this point. But, alas, you are correct.

Lol bet its got 100kg of dust on it and some scaffold round it now !
On it and, probably, in it! I hope the Recaros are ok. At least the power-to-weight ratio can only improve as it gets cleaner...

Are u taking it for mapping? @SharkyUK
Fred's on the case mate. All is in hand.

Don't let him bulls**t you Tony. The left image is Chi during 'off-season' and the right picture is Chi during 'on-season'. He's a beast. You just ask his good lady wife! :eek:

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
It's a shame how life in general (or typically work) often gets in the way of having some fun. I really do hope you can soon find some time to get on the case with your turbo. That was epic, even around Llandow where you couldn't really take advantage of the power.

What little time I have at the moment is going on the (temporary Williams engine) powered Mk1, I want to get that finished so lesley can get a bit of practice at driving something which feels a bit more "because racecar", its quite a different feel with the non-servo brakes and pedalbox etc, so I want her to get a bit of practice driving it, as she is only really used to roadcar clios even on track.

Hope it have it on the road for may, but will see how it goes as its quite a long way off still TBH!

Might have to see if Dan@SJM or Mike Woodford fancy a couple of days working at mine when I next get some time off, as I find it difficult to get motivated to do long days on my own in the garage now I have moved away from all my mates that I used to do car stuff with even when I do have the time, but with either of them around to have a laugh with at the same its nightfall and a lot done without it ever feeling like a chore :)

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
It's so close I can smell it mate... ;) And Fred's asking for his Vee back so it can't be far off. It depends on how badly Fred is injured though after his latest accident... :(

Range Rover Sport
It's so close I can smell it mate... ;) And Fred's asking for his Vee back so it can't be far off. It depends on how badly Fred is injured though after his latest accident... :(

Fred must spend more time in A+E than he does in the workshop lol.

Hope it's not too serious.

Cant wait for pictures when it's back on the road!

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172

Lol another accident / delay ! What's happened now ? You should be smelling something by now but I don't think its your trophy lol ;)

Last edited:

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Latest accident? Doesn't sound good. :(
He seems to attract accidents these days. He's in the wrong line of work!

I'm sure some folks already know but he had a bit of a mishap with a hammer and, get this, sliced his hand open. Yes. A hammer. I understand his hand looks a bit messy with bits hanging out like a badly-packed kebab. :( I hope it's not too serious. He seems in good spirits though.

Fred must spend more time in A+E than he does in the workshop lol.

Hope it's not too serious.

Cant wait for pictures when it's back on the road!
There'll be plenty of pics coming along mate. Cheers!

its those darn flip flops he wears!
LOL! Yeah, health and safety would have a field day!

Lol another accident / delay ! What's happened now ? You should be smelling something by now but I don't think its your trophy lol ;)
Yeah, yeah. Whatever mate! :p

jesus i haven't been on here in around 2 months and i thought when i clicked it may finally be at the point of the car been complete, no way could i of waited this long for it to be done but thats me

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
jesus i haven't been on here in around 2 months and i thought when i clicked it may finally be at the point of the car been complete, no way could i of waited this long for it to be done but thats me

I could happily wait 10 years for an engine if the courtesy car was an awesome clio v6 :)

I could happily wait 10 years for an engine if the courtesy car was an awesome clio v6 :)
true courtesy car isn't bad but the length of time for this build has been far to long in my eyes unless of course sharky has been building the funds up as the time has gone on to allow for more/better upgraded parts along the way

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
;) I wonder how much longer I can drag this out...

true courtesy car isn't bad but the length of time for this build has been far to long in my eyes unless of course sharky has been building the funds up as the time has gone on to allow for more/better upgraded parts along the way
Nah, I had the funds ready from day one (otherwise I wouldn't have gone ahead with it) but there's just been one or two setbacks, and a few changes, along the way.

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Atleast it has kept the mileage down for a year ;-)

It will be worth the wait, and be done right this time!!
LOL! Yep, it's not moved far over the last 14 months! :eek: The engine should feel like new when I get it back... oh, hold on a minute... :eek:

Getting incredibly desperate to get it back now as the 'car season' is now in effect and I missed out on a shed load of stuff last year (both with my own car club as well as with others). I've got roadtrips / driving holidays planned so the Trophy will be getting some use this year. Sadly I've just missed out on a drive over to Germany due to the car not quite being ready yet (although Fred did say I could take the Vee if it came down to it... which I didn't feel comfortable doing!)

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Just tell Fred you have booked a load of trackdays that you will be doing.

Im sure he will then be keen for you to be in your car not his, lol.

neil a

ClioSport Club Member
Is it getting a full custom build with longer rods and fancy pistons , or a normal high comp build where all the parts are generally available off the shelf next day ?

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Is it getting a full custom build with longer rods and fancy pistons , or a normal high comp build where all the parts are generally available off the shelf next day ?

Even with "normal" high comp builds if you want specific parts (like arrow rods for example) then you can end up waiting.

We had to wait quite a few weeks for porkies new cams and pulleys etc for example, the parts supply isnt like it is for YBs etc.

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Just tell Fred you have booked a load of trackdays that you will be doing.

Im sure he will then be keen for you to be in your car not his, lol.
And he'll just gently remind me that, "you break it, you buy it!" LOL! But I like your thinking...

Remind me again what sort of power you are hoping for?
No idea to be honest mate. I don't have a figure / target in mind. Being NA it won't be massive numbers but it shouldn't be too shy. :) I'll be happy if it breaks a genuine 200bhp ;)

A bit of both mate (in that some parts have a bit of custom tinkering and some are off-the-shelf, but of 'decent' spec - such as the Arrow conrods). Some of the better-specced, next-day, off-the-shelf parts are quite hard to source at times. Chip sums it up well with...

Even with "normal" high comp builds if you want specific parts (like arrow rods for example) then you can end up waiting.

We had to wait quite a few weeks for porkies new cams and pulleys etc for example, the parts supply isnt like it is for YBs etc.
^ This.

Keith185

ClioSport Club Member
I'm sure you could sell some advertising on the side of this red beast with the first photo of it, so many people (including me) impatiently waiting. Might be able to make a few £ haha.