ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Lionel Richie
wow it looks an odd colour there, they certainly turn heads! You'll get the old "how much have you spent on that" and "how much was the bodykit" at some point!

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
Anyone who says black one black doesn't look epic and that it needs silver wheels needs shot!

What a fantastic courtesy car! Whats minimum age? Haha ;)

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Lol! Fred are you not concerned that he's taken your vee and clearly swapped it one that's actually clean? That may actually be the first proper pictures I've ever seen of it! Looks sublime!

I'd quite like to spend a week in on to see what the drive is like and see just how many comments you get! Sounds fun!

wow it looks an odd colour there, they certainly turn heads! You'll get the old "how much have you spent on that" and "how much was the bodykit" at some point!

Gloss? :rasp:

I'm bringing my car to Fred all the time now!
Yeah Fred it's the colour of the actual car and not just dirt or dust lol.

Andy I hope you turn up at Llandow in that if your car ain't ready.
And I hope the trophy will be complete soon :)

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member

It's amazing what a bit of fairy liquid and paint remover can do... :p And I very much look forward to the comments!

Anyone who says black one black doesn't look epic and that it needs silver wheels needs shot!

Yeah, the colour works well. The alloys need a refurb as Fred was running some race brake pads at one point, which weren't good for the alloys, but they still look good in my opinion.

Lol! Fred are you not concerned that he's taken your vee and clearly swapped it one that's actually clean? That may actually be the first proper pictures I've ever seen of it! Looks sublime!

I'd quite like to spend a week in on to see what the drive is like and see just how many comments you get! Sounds fun!

Foiled again! The V6 had been stashed away and replaced with a shiny new 1.2 with a bodykit! ;) Obviously that plan won't work now. If you get the opportunity to drive one for a while then take it. I can't explain it... it just feels kinda special. :)

Andy I hope you turn up at Llandow in that if your car ain't ready.
And I hope the trophy will be complete soon :)

Cheers matey! I don't think the Trophy will quite be ready in time so I could be there in the Vee. I'll be there regardless anyways. :)

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
No mate - no before shots. I got a few more of it whilst at the French Car Show today and will post a couple up soon. I'm currently trying to talk my better half into allowing me to get one to keep the Trophy company! :eek:

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
So has Fred allowed you to do what you want with this car? E,g take it to FCS, and possibly llandow etc?

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
So has Fred allowed you to do what you want with this car? E,g take it to FCS, and possibly llandow etc?

Yes mate. I was at FCS with it today. :) There's a very good chance I'll be at Llandow in it as well. As I said to Fred when I picked it up, I'll certainly enjoy it but obviously keep it sensible and look after it. He's very trusting, especially after what happened to a certain 172 Cup I borrowed a couple or so years ago... :p Joking aside, this is a very special car and is treated as such. :)

I'm sure she will let you. ...

Once the Trophy is done and paid for I'll continue to chip away until she says "yes"... ;)

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
I think it's only fair I keep this thread ticking over with my experiences in the V6... any excuse to put up more pics of the car to be honest! And it's kinda related to my Trophy rebuild, albeit in a roundabout way. Maybe.

July 2013 - Saturday 27th

I attended my first French Car Show today at Castle Combe. Having bought my tickets a while back I was hoping to go along in the Trophy. Obviously circumstances dictated that this wasn't going to happen but having such a cool French car available I was always going to try and make this one!

Being fairly close to the circuit (I'm just over the border in Wales) it only takes about an hour to get there, hence I didn't have to set off too early. A steady drive along the M4 and all was good. In truth the economy seems pretty good when taking it easy. I've not used a full tank yet (perhaps not trying hard enough?!) and it has better economy than the shagged engine that was in my Trophy. :p Once off the M4 I took the usual country roads towards the circuit and was surprised at how well it rides the sometimes uneven surface. No dramas whatsoever; it just wafted along nicely. I arrived shortly after 8am and was met by Owen, Nik and Brian and parked up the Vee. Tim shortly arrived thereafter and parked alongside.

20130727_fcs_01.jpg

20130727_fcs_02.jpg

I had a really enjoyable day to be fair. After a wander around the stands and trade area I spent most of the day talking to a great bunch of guys from here. That really made the day as it's great to be able to chat to folks who you perhaps don't see very often (apart from online). I grabbed a cheeky shot of the Vee in front of the CS merchandise and hospitality area... :eek:

20130727_fcs_36.jpg

Quite a few people asked how I found it to drive. And to me it just feels like a RenaultSport Clio. Which is great. Even if you were blindfolded, no hearing and simply relied on feel alone, you would know you were in a Clio of some description. Obviously it's not exactly the same but it's got that unmistakeable RenaultSport Clio feel about it - which is why I think I fell for it straight away. Sorry Fred, you might have trouble getting this one back... ;)

As I left the show late afternoon it started to spot with rain. By the time I hit the M4 it was absolutely p**sing down. Again, no major dramas despite the rain bouncing off the road and falling heavily in short, sharp bursts. The only problem was a bit of aquaplaning on the standing water when the downpour was at it's heaviest.

​So yeah, a very enjoyable day for many reasons. :)

Last edited:
  182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
So if you take it out at Llandow and someone else crashes into it and writes it off for you then you just buy it off Fred I take it?

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
So if you take it out at Llandow and someone else crashes into it and writes it off for you then you just buy it off Fred I take it?

At Llandow and on track at Llandow are quite different! ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
LOL! Exactly!

No Chip, apologies for any confusion. If it's at Llandow it WON'T be going on track. It's fully insured and covered, etc. but won't be going on track. :) But yes, if anything happens whilst in my possession then - of course - it is my responsibility; hence why I'm not taking any chances. :)

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Fair enough mate, I dont like driving other peoples expensive cars on track either TBH, its if someone else writes it off for you that you just cant control even if you drive well within your own limits, thats why even though Ive driven them on the road Ive never gone near Porkies F430 or 911 Turbo on track even though he has offered, as at least on the road if someone else writes it off for you then in theory at least their insurance covers it.

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Might just be a blonde moment from me, but what are all the dots? Just errors with the photos?

Do you mean the white dots on the front, mate? If so, they are stone chips. You have to remember that this V6 gets driven and enjoyed rather than being wrapped in cotton wool and only coming out for the sunshine and shine-shows. ;)

Fair enough mate, I dont like driving other peoples expensive cars on track either TBH, its if someone else writes it off for you that you just cant control even if you drive well within your own limits, thats why even though Ive driven them on the road Ive never gone near Porkies F430 or 911 Turbo on track even though he has offered, as at least on the road if someone else writes it off for you then in theory at least their insurance covers it.

Exactly Chip. It's nice to be trusted and asked but, like yourself, you have to draw a line somewhere. I'm fairly confident in my ability (and never push too hard on track anyway), but you can't account for human error and others who perhaps don't quite have the respect and etiquette as you have yourself. I need to meet Porkie though... LOL! Sounds like a top guy and I've only spoken to him through a couple of messages on here a while back.

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
wheres the updates on your car :p

:butt: They'll be along shortly mate... the Trophy is now genuinely in the final stages of coming together. Another month or so to get it all together, running and mapped and all should be good. How's things with you? Didn't you get ripped off recently buying something off here?!?!? LOL! Is 'the beast' back together yet? ;)

​I do believe his trying to come to Llandow. And yes, he is a top guy.

​Ah, nice one. I hope he can make it. :)

A shed
:butt: They'll be along shortly mate... the Trophy is now genuinely in the final stages of coming together. Another month or so to get it all together, running and mapped and all should be good. How's things with you? Didn't you get ripped off recently buying something off here?!?!? LOL! Is 'the beast' back together yet? ;)

haha! theyre safely tucked away whilst i sort an ECU ;) though now theres talk of a forged bottom end and some wild cams, but the other half thinks i should save for the wedding first :argue:

The beast is progressing slowly, went to ten of the best at the weekend and just upset myself at not being there competing :'(

Be keeping an eye on here over the next month or so

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Nice one, mate - glad to hear that you have plans for them. Forged bottom end you say? Wild cams? Sod the wedding... just do it! (no disrespect to future Mrs. fake ben taylor) :)

Yeah, I can imagine you were a bit gutted to be sidelined at TOTB. I'm sure you'll soon be up and running with them again. Albeit after you've forged / cammed, etc. the Clio, saved for the wedding, bought expensive gifts for the future wife to pacify her and apologise for your behaviour, and so on and so forth. :p

Hopefully I'll have some more updates towards the end of August. Watch this space... :)

Oh that's better, the images had hundreds of white dots all over the sides and front. Was sure they couldn't be stone chips.

Some kind of error with my PC I think. Can't see any dots now lol.

Looks like a beast!

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Oh that's better, the images had hundreds of white dots all over the sides and front. Was sure they couldn't be stone chips.

Some kind of error with my PC I think. Can't see any dots now lol.

Looks like a beast!

Ah - glad to hear things are looking better now! :)

oh the front is pebble dashed to hell - because driven!

It's actually great to see a V6 that has been, and is, driven!

lol thats when it was nearly new!

Surely not?! When he's not working I'm told that he spends every waking hour poring over it with his detailing kit, fixing blemishes... But Fred strikes me as being that sort of guy. :rofl:

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
I'm still excited mate... but just lost a bit of enthusiasm. :)

Fred kindly lent me the V6 as I needed a car having been informed by work that I'd be commuting to/from a new site. Well, that's kind of become more important than ever as I've now been informed I'm in line for redundancy. Never saw that one coming. :(

Chi

Z4, VW172, R26
I'm still excited mate... but just lost a bit of enthusiasm. :)

Fred kindly lent me the V6 as I needed a car having been informed by work that I'd be commuting to/from a new site. Well, that's kind of become more important than ever as I've now been informed I'm in line for redundancy. Never saw that one coming. :(

Geez sorry to hear that mate, Im sure it'll work out right.. Cream always rises to the top ;)

Keith185

ClioSport Club Member
Gutted for you about news with your work mate, been through it with downsizing 3 years ago and survived it then 4 months ago with total closure and made redundant. Need any advise or anything just message me. Being in Wales helps, a lot of good things with Welsh government available. Hope you get your Trophy back soon, can't wait to see it :)

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Geez sorry to hear that mate, Im sure it'll work out right.. Cream always rises to the top ;)
LOL! Thanks mate, I appreciate the sentiment! :)

Gutted for you about news with your work mate, been through it with downsizing 3 years ago and survived it then 4 months ago with total closure and made redundant. Need any advise or anything just message me. Being in Wales helps, a lot of good things with Welsh government available. Hope you get your Trophy back soon, can't wait to see it :)
Hi Keith, thanks for the offer mate. I'll find out next week what's happening and go from there. Either way, I think it might be time to move on. My team are being disbanded regardless and, without them, I see no worth to staying where I am. It's the people and the work I do that makes it enjoyable; and that's coming to an end so... we'll see. I'm contemplating setting up my own business and going contracting for a year or two. I'm certainly not big-headed but I'm extremely good at what I do, hence I think I could make a killing as a contractor. It's just whether or not I can manage being away from my other half, home and (my few) good friends!

Anyways, the good news is that the Trophy is at least covered payment wise as this has been budgeted for. So Fred won't need to worry about seeing payment! :D

A4 DTM/iceberg cup
You'll be fine matey, I'd get out contracting as it'll be the easiest way to find a new permanent role. That's if you don't get a taste for contracting and the Hollywood $$$. You're good at what you do so let someone else take advantage of that.

and from a car point of view.....meh. You'll get it back, then this phase will be a distant memory and you can get on with the project thread.....

Disco 5 ,Monaro VXR
Gutting about the job mate. As has been said there are a few good things the welsh government can help with.

i was made redundant twice in 2 years in 2008-2010 so if you want any info give me a shout.