ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The latest car

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
i see missh and al very much like same difference. probably related but fcuk each other.

Back on topic, i have been looking at one of these, nice to drive?

^Lol

Every time I go down to Rentech there is always one of these up on the ramp having a new gearbox fitted...

i don't think a 03 reg and a 53 reg class as anything near sheddy.

nor do to fully road legal w reg saxos with absalutely nothing wrong with them.

Age tells you nothing about a car, neither does it's service history tbh. I frequently see cars that are 6months old which are put to shame by some which are 20years old. I also see cars which have a FDSH that are right hangers too, serviced yes but that doesn't mean the owner has had anything other than filters, plugs and oil etc changed at the correct intervals. An abused turd of a car is just that, regardless of the reg plate on it. I can't pass comment on your cars though not having seen them.

Monaro VXR/Cupra TDi
chloe m1 clio - as a shed general play toy to distruct when were bored
iggy laguna - for the dogs
rou saxo vts - for fun :D
sammy saxo 1.4 - general town/shopping car
kylie mk2 clio 1.2 - long distances without dogs

Apart from the Saxo VTS and the Laguna all the rest are unecessary. Do you get some sort of pleasure from having a hum-drum fleet.

Please enlighten us.....share the perversion....:S

al

ST on the way...
chloe m1 clio - as a shed general play toy to distruct when were bored
iggy laguna - for the dogs
rou saxo vts - for fun :D
sammy saxo 1.4 - general town/shopping car
kylie mk2 clio 1.2 - long distances without dogs

Apart from the Saxo VTS and the Laguna all the rest are unecessary. Do you get some sort of pleasure from having a hum-drum fleet.

Please enlighten us.....share the perversion....:S

Because... simple :)

Cleutus... not bad to drive.

www.renparts.co.uk
i see missh and al very much like same difference. probably related but fcuk each other.

i would avoid the laguna. 1.9 diesel prone to problems, poor electrics (especially tire pressure sensors) and they eat rear axle bushings.

i would avoid the laguna. 1.9 diesel prone to problems, poor electrics (especially tire pressure sensors) and they eat rear axle bushings.

Ye the 1.9 suffers form the oil never being chnaged often enough but the later phases cars like this have redesigned bit so should ne better not like the early generation laguna 2 stuff which is usless.

Saxo, Clio & ph-lickable
I still drive them on provisional every day just cos you dont have a full licence doesnt mean you cant drive :S

I think its nice walking outside and picking what car you want to take out that day :)

Mondeo TDCI 130
They are a nice car to drive, and have plenty of toys for the money!
BUT, be warned (my mum has one, good job im a renault mechanic!), they eat suspension arms, they eat tyres, they eat rear axle bushes and knock like said, the tyre pressure monitors are w**k, the UCH playing up is pretty common, the gearbox is made of chocalate and WILL break at somepoint!, and there also very very prone to turbos!!, when they go it will start running on its own oil, so unless its stalled quickly its goodnight vienna!! that takes some quick thinking when its revving off the clock aswell!!!

Other than that there a nice motor, i would have one myself, but then i can fix it when its broke, only paid £500 for my mums on a 52 plate! needed a turbo and was due a full service anc cambelt, was quoted over £2000 at renault so decided to scrap it! sold it me for some beer tokens!!! Get in!

Saxo, Clio & ph-lickable
They are a nice car to drive, and have plenty of toys for the money!
BUT, be warned (my mum has one, good job im a renault mechanic!), they eat suspension arms, they eat tyres, they eat rear axle bushes and knock like said, the tyre pressure monitors are w**k, the UCH playing up is pretty common, the gearbox is made of chocalate and WILL break at somepoint!, and there also very very prone to turbos!!, when they go it will start running on its own oil, so unless its stalled quickly its goodnight vienna!! that takes some quick thinking when its revving off the clock aswell!!!

Other than that there a nice motor, i would have one myself, but then i can fix it when its broke, only paid £500 for my mums on a 52 plate! needed a turbo and was due a full service anc cambelt, was quoted over £2000 at renault so decided to scrap it! sold it me for some beer tokens!!! Get in!

She had a new turbo before we had her, had new cambelt, not sure what else but she has had quite alot done. Bought her new tyres when we got her some decent ones so might last a while. Expensive tyres for 17s though.

Golf R
5 cars all for Al to drive... and they're all named... lol

i can understand the need for 3 cars (just about). we had the LY 182, Trophy and another 'commuting' vehicle but being totally honest there comes a time when you need to be sensible and have 1 fun car along with 1 sensible car.

i'd keep the VTS, Laguna and one of the other cheap ones and hold it at that... but that's just me being sensible!

hopefully the Laguna might be a good one as everyone i know that's owned one has had nothing but trouble with electrics and mechanicals

RB 182
Looks tidy, i always liked the look of the Laguna

Fleet owned? High miles? If it was cheap enough dont worry about it, your not gonna lose on it!

Sash

ClioSport Club Member
  A Yellow One
MissH Im with you on the naming thing, and on having more than one car! i have 5 to myself 3 of which are on the road. the other 2 are projects.

RB 182 Cup
How did you afford all these anyway? I sware when you joined you had a £25 clio and were moaning about home and having no money to move out.

Saxo, Clio & ph-lickable
Still don't have the money to move out lol, i live at home thats why i can afford cars :)

Still have the £25 clio too.

Laguna was quite cheap for what she is really good car so far though.

www.renparts.co.uk
Looks tidy, i always liked the look of the Laguna

Fleet owned? High miles? If it was cheap enough dont worry about it, your not gonna lose on it!

depends where he got it from doesn't it... big french cars really hold their money well........

Not.

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy

I enjoyed this post a great deal, and was my fav, until missh posted how she has no D/L. how i LOL!!!!

RB 182 Cup
Im confused, you say there "our cars" but you still live at home and your not related to al? So basically there als cars and he just gives you driving lessons in them?

so you live at home with your parents, your boyfriend live with you and your parents, you jointly own 5 cars, and your parents are quite happy with this setup?

Monaco 172 2/468
lol mint thread, what car's next then ?

If you like Clio's, i'd trade a few in and get a clio sport, they aren't exactly mega expensive, and they'd be alot more fun than what you have. Also practical :)

Strange lol!

I dont understand why you dont just buy two nice cars!

You remind me of an old school mate who used to collect stamps. He's not my friend anymore :(