ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The Jolly Boys Outing 2015

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
Ok I thought I'd throw this out there as a national event as I'm sure a lot of the RDR crew would be up for it.

Plan is to recreate the famous jolly boys outing episode of OFAH and do a Beano to Margate.

I was thinking of a Saturday in the summer.

The plan would be to hire a coach/large minibus and go down to Margate when the Dreamland amusement park re opens next year. Get down there for lunch time, have a bit of grub, couple of hours in the park and a bit of a pub crawl before returning back on the coach.

Because of the boozy nature of this trip I was thinking that anyone living oop North could either camp or get a cheap B&B for when we get back into London/Essex on the Saturday night? Or I can put a few people up at my house and there's also room for a couple of tents in my garden (that's 'yard' for you northerners ;) )
Scrooge Phase1sr Rob IanRs Mr.Potato DaveDreads
@TheEvileGiraffe Rob Funk White Sash Jaff. cat171 McGherkin JaredHasNoBrain Cub. aucky The Russian. Rich Rafmatt198 rctempire
@hmsdervdestroyer JP83

I know I've forgotten people so please tag anyone else in who's not on the list.

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
It's not going to be a massive them park Aucky. It's going to have historic rides in there apparently. Anyway there's a pub so you have to come even if it's to laugh at is turning green lol

That's more like it! I'm like a little girl when it comes to rides.

Pacman.

ClioSport Club Member
  Did have a R27
Ooooooooooooh I'm in :)

[video=youtube_share;RxOQv2n-AUw]http://youtu.be/RxOQv2n-AUw[/video]

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
S'alright Dave! :p was only messin' around. Any dates in mind?

Early days but maybe a weekend in August! I'll wait for CSS dates to come out and work around those.

If there's any dates that anyone could do with being avoided please let me know.

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
Afternoon ron -

put me down - however......

I have done a beano for the last 20 years & we abandoned margate some years ago, the halfway house pub is now shut & margate is a ghost town - it all went to pot about 15 years ago when bembom brothers shut down - its just an oap destination now-

we have done brighton every year prob since 2005 - its great - all day on the pier in the punch & judy then into brighton at 9 to eye up the clunge that would be my advice.

S

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
Dreamland is reopening next year Steve. That was my motivation for doing this tbh. I'm sure we can find somewhere nice to stop on route. Herne bay is nearby and it's quite nice there. There's als a big harvester just between Herne bay and Margate.

I was down there a few months back to pick up some wheels. I know its a bit rough in Margate itself but the plan would really be to just go into dreamland and then maybe find pubs outside the town.

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
I've done Brighton twice for stag do, once was a coach trip with 30 or so of us and the last time we had a hotel.

1st time me and my mate ended up in a small strip club "pussy cat's" I think it was called. Was a good night and we where both out of our nuts.

2nd time we went around a few bar's then onto a club which was great. :cool:

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
Unfortunately bud, if it's liable to happen this summer I'm unlikely to be able to show. As crazy as it sounds, pretty much every weekend between now and November I have something 'booked in'. Wedding, family party ya da ya da. :(

I miss out. Again.

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
Unfortunately bud, if it's liable to happen this summer I'm unlikely to be able to show. As crazy as it sounds, pretty much every weekend between now and November I have something 'booked in'. Wedding, family party ya da ya da. :(

I miss out. Again.

2015 Cubby bear ;)

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
Its ok, Saw the news about dreamland on your FB. Loved that place, that f**king dreadful roller coaster and that equally hideous mary rose ride. Was awesomely old school.

Yeah it was a special place for he as a child/teenager.

It's a proper shame it closed as that was probably the only real draw for people to go to margate.

It seems from the dreamland website that the trust has been buying rides from closing parks and that it's going to be a bit retro.

It might be proper s**t but it will be more about us lot having a good laugh and a good booze up.

I'll start to work on the finer details later on in the year :)

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
2015, oh!

Yeah, I thought we were talking in a few weeks time!! :eek:

lol nah this will take a fair bit of planning.

thatsme.png

Lol, looks like I'm Uncle Albert then.

I can't really commit yet without a date but provisionally put me in.

If there's any date to avoid let me know.

I won't be booking anything until at least Easter I reckon so there's plenty of time to fine tune the actual date.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
My memory of it is quite clear considering i must have been 7-8.