ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The JDM Appreciation Thread...

Turbos.
I felt like i was in Christopher's dream at the weekend, sitting in a layby was a transporter exclusively carrying DC5s and EK9s.

I do really like the DC5 but they are actually becoming pretty common now, same as those ugly Glanza things. Swear i see them more than Clio Sports.

P9200216.jpg

P9200213.jpg

love Rx7's, this one is p**n

IMG_0505a.jpg

there is a heavily tuned one in my village. i think he uses it at the pod etc a lot.

love that evo, its filth.

turbo'd civics really appeal to me, there's getting more and more of them...i think its the way to go if your into 1/4 mile racing and the likes:)

I felt like i was in Christopher's dream at the weekend, sitting in a layby was a transporter exclusively carrying DC5s and EK9s.

I do really like the DC5 but they are actually becoming pretty common now, same as those ugly Glanza things. Swear i see them more than Clio Sports.

Would totally disagree with you, clio sports are everywhere!

I've had my dc5 for over a year and only ever bumped into about 3or4 on the road

Would totally disagree with you, clio sports are everywhere!

I've had my dc5 for over a year and only ever bumped into about 3or4 on the road

Have to agree. I see quite a few RS's about, but only ever seen 1 DC5 in 11 months of ownership.

ValverInBits
Glad the RX7 is making a nice comeback in this thread.

Still though......some of those styling additions need rethinking....

clio 172, pulsar, evo
turbo'd civics really appeal to me, there's getting more and more of them...i think its the way to go if your into 1/4 mile racing and the likes:)

they look ok, but they are so common. They need serious work to make them good on a 1/4 mile. I wouldnt describe them as "the way to go" on a quarter mile as you dont see many dragsters being front wheel drive?

You could buy and old skyline or old evo for beans that would destroy turbo civics on a 1/4 mile. They are a great car in their own right and i love them but they arnt in my top 5 drag cars.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
they look ok, but they are so common. They need serious work to make them good on a 1/4 mile. I wouldnt describe them as "the way to go" on a quarter mile as you dont see many dragsters being front wheel drive?

You could buy and old skyline or old evo for beans that would destroy turbo civics on a 1/4 mile. They are a great car in their own right and i love them but they arnt in my top 5 drag cars.

there are 10sec 1/4 mile civics in usa and oz i think there are even 9 sec ones!! still fwd too!!

fwd for drag isnt that bad... i have seen a r5 gtt destroy a brand new rarri 430 at pod...

there are 10sec 1/4 mile civics in usa and oz i think there are even 9 sec ones!! still fwd too!!

fwd for drag isnt that bad... i have seen a r5 gtt destroy a brand new rarri 430 at pod...

ditto;)......youll be seeing some honda in a few months

clio 172, pulsar, evo

responding to not normal developments-
you can make any car a 9 second 1/4 runner all you need is time and money- lots of each! If your aim is a 9 second car then imo your obviously very serious and will spend serious money to achieve this. Any car running a 9 second 1/4 mile has had a huge amount of money spent, i mean tens of thousands!
but in terms of simple development, just slapping a turbo and a remap on a civic isnt going to get you anywhere near 10 second 1/4 miles. hence the money spent on doing that would be spent better buy buying a car capable of being tuned far far more easily ie skyline.

ps ive seen a micra beat a ferrari and even that cant get below a 12sec 1/4. http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=4XKETJV3oQ0
The difference between running 12's and 9's isnt just achieved by running a bigger air filter:) you more than likely need double the power.

mate i no entirely whats needed, ive been in the gaame many years, had some very very fast cars one being my last clio, with more development thawould of easy been a 10 second car! (other members have driven them and can back it up)..i wasnt being funny!!

ive got a engine that is in current development....thanks for your input.

clio 172, pulsar, evo
No problems.

Now that i know youve been in the game for years, had some fast cars and wern't being funny I know youll agree with what im saying?:)

I didnt question if you had fast cars or try to offend your knowledge i was simply saying any car with an abundance of cash thrown at it would run a 9 second 1/4 mile. But for platform car racers starting out, why shoot yourself in the foot at the start and get a civic when for the same cash you could get a better more tunable engine that requires less money spent and will produce bigger safer horse power. thats all. But yes if your going nuts and spending big cash anythings possible. thats all.
BTW- thats great your mking a 9-10sec civic just now, ive not seen one run in the uk. youll have to get some pics up of her on here!
Because your obviously so serious about drag racing can i ask how much you spent getting a clio to run close to 10 sec quarter? must of been insane to drive! what bhp did it have and what engine were you running?

No problems.

Now that i know youve been in the game for years, had some fast cars and wern't being funny I know youll agree with what im saying?:)

I didnt question if you had fast cars or try to offend your knowledge i was simply saying any car with an abundance of cash thrown at it would run a 9 second 1/4 mile. But for platform car racers starting out, why shoot yourself in the foot at the start and get a civic when for the same cash you could get a better more tunable engine that requires less money spent and will produce bigger safer horse power. thats all. But yes if your going nuts and spending big cash anythings possible. thats all.
BTW- thats great your mking a 9-10sec civic just now, ive not seen one run in the uk. youll have to get some pics up of her on here!
Because your obviously so serious about drag racing can i ask how much you spent getting a clio to run close to 10 sec quarter? must of been insane to drive! what bhp did it have and what engine were you running?

yeah i love my drag racing mate:).....regarding my old car, roughtly 20k was spent on it over a period of time, a VAG 1.8 20v t motor was used witch obviously was highly modded:).....theres quite a few threads on it if you search here for clio TT.

matt