ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The "Ive taken a pic and I kinda like it" thread

Italian 3.2 V6
Got to this location half an hour too late! Grr..

10981922783_5fa2fa7951_c.jpg

Untitled by Piers Hodgson, on Flickr

Italian 3.2 V6
I was certainly frustrated. I still quite like it though, but definatley has potential. I'm gona head there again tomorrow (weather permiting) and try again.

Nothing special, but was called upon at 9pm for a emergency shoot for the local rag...

10873253314_c1c8f7cc97_c.jpg

Failed to mention my name though!

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Cheers Ben!
Yeah there was a lot of water! Plenty of rainfall this last week. Hopefully next week I'll get to one that I tried earlier in the year but was blocked by a flooded road!

How much PP do the majority of you do? I do none at all - I think I need to start as some of these shots are outrageously good!

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
How much PP do the majority of you do? I do none at all - I think I need to start as some of these shots are outrageously good!

I do none, i'm generally useless with a camera lol. And that shot above was taken on a phone.

Niall

ClioSport Club Member
I do adjustments in Lightroom, and if something needs cloning out I use Photoshop. In Lightroom I adjust exposure, contrast, clarity, colour such as temp/saturation, sharpness and a crop. So all pretty light adjustments to boost the original photo, rather than completely alter it :)

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
I'm new to PP so only do little things, white balance (I have a 400d so it always seems to get it wrong), clarity and a bit of vignetting.

I do what's needed!

i think we can all tell a digital mess from a shot that's been enhanced by pp but I'm not bothered if I have to spend hours in Photoshop as long as it emerges looking like a photo and not digital 'art' (cringes:eek:)

Niall

ClioSport Club Member
I do what's needed!

i think we can all tell a digital mess from a shot that's been enhanced by pp but I'm not bothered if I have to spend hours in Photoshop as long as it emerges looking like a photo and not digital 'art' (cringes:eek:)

You hit the nail on the head here. Far too much of the automotive stuff on 500px looks like a graphic from a game rather than a photo :S

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Went out yesterday round snowdonia. Some good skies and then it pissed down.
Taken on my phone, still to look at what I've got on my camera.
e9udagez.jpg

Niall

ClioSport Club Member
Sure is. Will be going back next week.
Want to go to Llanberis too as we missed out due to the weather. Plenty of things around there to shoot.

Yeah I’ve wanted to return to Cym Idwal for a while, I went on a school geography trip and thought it’d be a great place for landscape photos.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah I’ve wanted to return to Cym Idwal for a while, I went on a school geography trip and thought it’d be a great place for landscape photos.

Yeah if there's not wind the reflections can be incredible. There was some snow on the tops last week but it's gone now. Hopefully it will be back soon and/or a frozen lake.
So much around that area though.